Quonset/ Nissen hut

This is a little something I’ve been playing with.
This is the first buildup that came from the molds.
It is in 1/35 scale. Wondering just how many different settings that it can be used in.

6 Likes

We had them in my unit as active office spaces til around 1996. At Camp Wilson they have gone from A frame huts to a Quonset style huts around that time as well.

1 Like

i love the picture … I have debated on doing one on a concrete pad like that with the ribs vertical

As I recall the footers where concrete but the floor was compacted sand. Would have been a pain to keep clean otherwise.

I think the new term is K-span. We did build a K-span hanger building on the flight line at Camp Pendleton.

1 Like

I envision a cool diorama here with a Marine private ( Pyle perhaps ??) getting his butt chewed by a DI, or maybe a group of them, right in front of the hut. Anyone make figures doing push-ups btw??

2 Likes

Those would be great figures

Yes I figured they would since that is almost a universal occurrence in most armies of the world I would think.

A very close friend of mine lived in one of those things in Korea. Had a small coal burning stove in it and they almost froze to death every night. He showed pictures from the area and I just got cold looking at them!
gary

Yea they are cold in the winter and hot to the touch in the summer

Excellent, a completely new (to me) idea! What kit is this – your own creation? Masterpiece models offer a whole hut in 1:35 but this clearly ain’t that :tumbler_glass:

Yes . This is my creation .

1 Like

On a side note, DioDump has released a similar (but not the same :wink:) multimedia (cardboard + resin) kit :

H.P.

2 Likes

That is nice looking.
Not to compare , they do very nice work.
I do not include any card board in mine .
It is 100% resin
Dangerclosedioramics.com

2 Likes

My VFW had us all bring in a couple photos for a board the girls were putting together. Bobby’s photos just made me shiver! He said more than once the woke up with bullet holes in the wall
gary

2 Likes

All the insulating properties of one of these. Still, you were out of the rain.

71GPd8SrEPL.SX342

2 Likes