Railroad track pieces used as fence posts

I didn’t know if this would be of any interest to anyone or not but thought I would share.

This is the parking lot for the Braeburn Dog Park & Ice Rink in Rapid City, SD. They have taken pieces of railroad track and made fence posts with them.

5 Likes

Old used rail is extremely structural. I have seen it repurposed for many uses.

I have also seen it welded on to form the crossbars rather than use cable as in the above application. I am sure if we keep our eyes open we might report back as having seen it in many other uses.

3 Likes

i wouldn’t want to trip and land on one.

3 Likes

The following images are borrowed from another forum board with permission granted from the photographer. These photos were taken 29 January and 30 January.

The rusted detail in this shot

Notice the snow on the ground after one day

1 Like

I took some pictures of some being used for erosion control when I lived in Sheridan, WY. I need to go find them and share them.

1 Like

yes, let’s check those out

1 Like

I have seen something similar near Seaside, Oregon on what used to be the Weyerhauser land, but someone else owns it now.
I plan to make an anvil out of one someday.

2 Likes

practical, pretty ghetto though.

My Dad made an anvil like that

2 Likes

Dig this, a company selling repurposed rail, with four examples:

2 Likes

NS siding
Photo: nicklesndimes

1 Like

Saw this on the Abandoned Rails page on fb

4 Likes

Pretty sure that would hold up well in a fender bender. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Now that right there is a real BUMPER
:+1: :grin: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Duel movie truck bumper made with welded rails

H.P.

6 Likes

And you can set your beer on it :beer:

3 Likes

I never noticed that until now :beer:

3 Likes

Me neither and I love that movie and have watched it several times.

3 Likes

Wish I had that bumper when that stupid Bambi flung itself against the front of my truck.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that you had that happen. I have hit some of his cousins in the past as well.

Made me think of this old audio clip of a call in to a radio station. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes