Reichstag Tiger 323

Hello Everyone!
I’m starting the research phase for the next project…my obligatory Tiger I. I’ve settled on which Tiger I that I want to build as shown in the photo below.

FOR DISCUSSION ONLY!!

Tiger 323

But I’m in need of your help. Of all the Tiger I kits out there which of these would make for good starting point? I’ll admit my Tiger knowledge is a bit lacking at the moment but I’m sure that will change by the time I finish the project.

So come on all you Tiger men and gals out there…where should I start??

Thanks Everyone
:v: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Well I will be watching this .
The building in the background gives me inspiration

2 Likes

An early-production that lasted that long?? And never any Zimmerit? Was it from a training school, or a re-build? Could be Dragon 3 in 1 Initial Production without the turret smoke dischargers.
:smiley:

1 Like

Looks like this guy has already done the hard work;
https://threedbattleart.com/current-projects-blog/the-last-tiger-1-berlin-may-1945-part-2

https://threedbattleart.com/current-projects-blog/the-last-tiger-1-berlin-1945-the-painting-part-3

1 Like

Thanks Chris! If you do get inspired we’ll have to talk.
:nerd_face:

This being an unusual subject is a lot of the draw. I’ll check into the dragon kit….Thanks.

He definitely has. I’ve already talked with him off-line and read through his blog several times. Now just have to figure out a good starting kit.
Thanks

Hi Paula,

Many thanks for posting that…You bet me to the punch!! l will state that I know Ian Hill and met him through his artwork at The Australian Model Expo. I can very very highly recommended the work & historical accuracy that Ian, the artist has put into this piece & I can say that I put my $$ were my mouth is as I have actually purchased number 1 print in both of Ian’s limited edition pre knocked out battle print & the after the battle knocked out unlimited print.

I can very very highly & honestly recommend Ian’s amazing work to anyone who is interested in fantastic art work of Military & Sci Fi art works. As I have said I value & rate & recommend Ian’s work so high that we are discussing a future painting.

I have thought of Starting from the RFM early kit myself.

Kind Regards
Mike Rennie

1 Like

Very Sorry Paska,

My poor typing & spelling skills leave a lot to be desired!!

Thanks for posting this as well Mike. I have #9 on order at this time and just figured that I really needed to do a build based off his excellent work and research. I’m aware he is also working on build too. As of now I’m zeroing in on the RFM early Tiger (RM-5025) but still looking around.

this looks to be an interesting subject and I hope to see some building done soon.

I am very inspired and would like to find more imageas similar to that.

@Klaus-Adler: Hang in there sir I only just started today, but have made good progress on the research. Now just have to pick the kit and source it….sooon

@Chris_Bryan : check the above with the two links that should help get you started. And any photos of the Reichstag around that time will be also helpful. I’ll touch base with you in a day or two sir. Thanks.

Thank brother . I look forward to it

Hello Everyone!!
So after doing a bit of kit research I’ve narrowed my selection down to the following two kits. Both have their pros and cons for a Tiger manufactured during March-May 43.

First up is the Rye Field Models (5025) Witmann’s Tiger I. According to TigerInfo this kit fits right into the time frame I’m looking at. However it has a full interior and I’m just not sure if I want to go that deep into that aspect.
323Kit02

The other choice is the Border Models “Kursk” Tiger. Once again TigerInfo states that this Tiger is just outside the manufacturing period that I looking at so a bit more work may be needed to get it into the time frame I’m looking at. This has a lot of extra goodies and no real interior therefore the cost is a little less then the RFM kit.
323Kit01

So what are y’alls thoughts as to which would be a better starting point.

1 Like

If those are your choices, which is the better of the two kits and is the price difference an issue?

1 Like

I came across a build log on another model site of the Border kit. It seems there are significant fit issues with the hull components, which is disappointing. So it looks like I’ll be sourcing the RFM kit.

1 Like

you’ve looked at the track link build thread? I got the kit and the instruction are… “affreux, affreux, affreux!” as jean-pierre papin from les guignols would say

1 Like

@sgeorges4 : I sure did! That was the build log I was referring too. And after doing some more thinking about what I wanted to get out this project and I want to have the hatches open. So I’ll be needing that RFM interior after all…it just seems to be the best kit for my needs.

1 Like

oooh this is gonna be good, get cracking young man!

2 Likes