Reloading and Shooting

Beautiful 1911!!

1 Like

I see I’m not the only one that rolls his own.

Men of similar taste. :wink:

10 Likes

You guys are making me sad! Had to sell all my stuff when I moved :frowning: miss my K98 the most

In the outdoor man cave last week I cast bullets, 560 of them. This week in my indoor man cave Powder Coating, sizing and loading 45 Colt with 452-200-SWC for my Winchester 1892.

7 Likes

I think I’d like to try casting bullets at some point. Probably wadcutter or SWC for .357 Magnum.

2 Likes

For now, I have been using three different Lee reloading sets, although I will order a turret reloader next week. With the Lee hand reloader sets you have to pound the cases into sizing dies. The instructions say to use case lube to make it easier. I’ll be damned if I’ll pay ridiculous prices for an aerosol can of lanolin, half of which is wasted, and who still uses aerosol cans if they can help it? I did a quick search around the house. First ingredient in Bag Balm? Lanolin. Now the wife knows where to look when she can’t find it. I just need to touch the stuff with my fingertips, and then rub up to five cases between my fingers. You can’t even see it, but those cases sure glide into those sizing dies much easier now. When my carbide dies arrive I won’t need case lube any more, except for my travel reloading kit, but in the meantime this stuff works great.

4 Likes

How about some 153.5gr Berger Hybrid target projectiles?
The season doesn’t really start for me for a couple of months…

@18bravo my favorite piece of reloading gear is covered by an old pillowcase right now to protect it from overspray….

6 Likes

Practice has no season here in Colorado. :dart:
:grin:

2 Likes

It’s too frigging cold here for an old man like me to lie on a mat.

Edited to add

Steel challenge this day last June. .,. 700 to 1000 yards.

9 Likes

I wallow in the snow… or at least I used to. :snowflake: … Now if I play, I pay! :man_health_worker:
:snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

Always good to see folks exercise their 2nd Amendment rights in a safe, respectful & responsible manner! A++🙏

5 Likes

You’ll have better luck finding a stripper who want’s to go shooting. Tons of them f***ing up on YouTube! :rofl: … I especially like when spent cartridges fall into places where they shouldn’t! :rofl:

Still, one can only dream. :thought_balloon:

—mike

2 Likes

The problem is that most can’t be trusted at the range. In spite of their attendance at law school and other esteemed institutions of learning, most don’t seem that bright. Besides, none of them can outshoot my wife, so I like to take her instead. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Badass!

She’s pretty good. That’s a two inch circle she draws on her targets.

They’re a little high because I zeroed her at 7 meters but she’s shooting at 10 meters.

6 Likes

You are a brave man, talking about strippers when your wife shoots like that. … even if you think she will never see your post.

2 Likes

I’d like to exercise mine but I married a scaredy-cat.

3 Likes

Interesting. I always wanted to shoot but assumed that SWMBO would object. Surprise. She’s the one who suggested we buy a gun. She’s a better shot than I am.

4 Likes

I talk about them in front of her. Every year I ask her if she’d like a lap dance for her birthday but so far she has declined.

Interesting. I always wanted to shoot but assumed that SWMBO would object. Surprise. She’s the one who suggested we buy a gun. She’s a better shot than I am.

I’m finding out more and more about my wife. The things I didn’t think she’d care for at all she’s actually very enthusiastic about - motorcycling, snorkeling, shooting. She is the one who got the family into white water rafting. I guess you just never know…

I do know she has absolutely no interest in model building.

3 Likes

Mine would exercise her right in my direction. I don’t know why? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes