Revell 1/24 Citroen 2CV Charleston

I’m late to the group build, but here’s shots of some of the sprues. Washed and ready to be assembled. The spark plug wires are moulded. The kit has some pretty nice detail.
I’m going to start shortly and will post my progress.

8 Likes

This is a GOOD kit, and more detailed than Tamiya’s (which is a Japanese built specific variant). Yours’ has the benefit of seat belts too. The suspension is also stronger than Tamiya (which moves, but broke!). Window thickness better too. Would do another too, it won me 3rd at IPMS NATS so very pleased with it. Great to funk up with your own colour schemes too.

Cheers
Andrew T

2 Likes

Thanks Andrew. I really like this car for some reason and if this goes will I’ll definitely do more than one, adding my own take on it. I have the box colours to finish it, as I like the black and yellow combo.
Dave

3 Likes

Great to see this one hit the bench Dave, looking forward to your progress reports.

Cheers, D

1 Like

Hi
All that I replaced was the overly thick aerial. 'Nuff said.

Cheers
Andrew T

1 Like

Cool model. I’ll check in here during progress.

1 Like

David,
Looking forward to following your build. Your brand new cutting mat puts mine to shame :rofl:

joel

1 Like

Thanks Joel. My mat looks new because I’ve had a really hard time getting into modelling again. I kind of lost my modelling mojo with a separation (December 2020), moving to a new province and job (July 2021). I watched a few vids on how to get it back over the holidays and it’s really helped me.
So here’s to 2022 and may it be better than the last for everyone.

3 Likes

David,
Well said. Believe me 2021 has been a really horrid year for my family health wise. We’re all looking forward to a much, much better 2022.

Sure sounds like you’ve got your Mojo tank full again. Just join to any thread, blog, or single post.

joel

1 Like

Not pretty, but a fun little car and, no doubt, a fun build.

Looking forward to following your build.

1 Like

In Germany in the mid 80’s, there were a surprising number of Citroen 2CV’s around. Very small, very rickety looking. Like, an old Beetle could handle getting hit by a tractor trailer (though not very well), but a 2CV would be squished.

1 Like

Looks like a fun build.