Revell 1/32 F/A-18E-fixed?

I’m thinking (mind you, thinking) about a 1/32 Super Bug. I know there are pros and cons for both the Revell and Trumpeter kits, but the cockpit help for the Trumpeter kit seems to be non-existant at this point. As I recall, the biggest issue with the Revell kit was the spine that the mold makers screwed up. But that was a few years ago. So my question is, has Revell fixed this issue in subsequent releases of the kit?

Thanks for any help!

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

Michael, no they did not fix anything on the Revell 1/32 Rhinos. So, stick with Trumpeter kit for now even though there is no cockpit for it.

I have read comments on ARC by a former Marine (& a modeler) that worked on Rhinos that modeler can use Black Box 1/32 F/A-18D cockpit with modifications and use the instruments panels from the kit and be very accurate.

Thanks. Guess I’ll stick to the 1/48 Meng kit for now. Less trouble and takes up less space.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

Your opening photo is not uploading. (Possibly the wrong image format???)

The Meng kits is the way to go for a proper super bug. I wish they released them in 1/32 also.

I was also looking to do a 1/32 scale Super Hornet but builds and reviews on both manufacturer’s kits put me off. I have seen builds of the Revell kit (florymodels has done one recently) that were impressive in the end but their comments and what they had to go through regarding the fit of the kit are discouraging. Plus the armament included is a bit on the disappointing side. The Trumpeter kit on the other hand includes decent armament but I have not read good comments about the accuracy and details of the kit.

Modeler Rene Van Der Hart just completed a nice Trumpeter build. It’s displayed on his Facebook/Instagram pages as well as the F/A-18 modeling group on Facebook.

Cheers,

George