Revell 1929 Ford Model A Roadster

With all the chatter about how nice this kit was:

I figured I’d try one for myself. And I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The kit went together quite nicely, with one exception. Street rods & hot rods really aren’t my thing, but I figured I’d “expand my horizons”, and give one a try. It is box stock, with a couple of minor details. My build was inspired by Chris’ build over on hpiguy’s Workshop:
1929 Ford Model A Roadster Rod 2n1 1/25 Scale Model Kit Build Review Revell 85-4463 Rat Rod

My build was actually “finished” on January 23, 2022; but I just received the replacement windshield frame from Revell today.

Coca-Cola plate from the AMT 1977 Coca-Cola Ford van, and the Arizona plate is from the Revell of Germany Kenworth W900:

Wood grain on the dash is from the bed decal from (I think) the Revell 1937 Ford Delivery van or the Revell 1941 Chevrolet pickup:

Radiator hoses are solder as the carbureted engine isn’t designed for the stock frame & body

All in all, I’m pleased with the results.

Jim

4 Likes

Jim,
Welcome to the dark side.
Just a fantastic build with an equally fantastic finish. I say you nailed the '29 Ford to a T. just love that two tone white and red paint job.
joel

Thanks, Joel. It was a pleasurable build. Now i might have to do the Revell 1930 Ford Model A Coupe.

Jim

Great build Jim. Love the wheels; perfect match, for that hot rod.

Thanks, Jesper. Looking forward to doing another one.

Jim

Sweet ride Jim, love the nice bright scheme! Perfect for Sunday cruising, lovely build.

Cheers, D

Thanks, D. Not too bad for a Ford with a Chevy Small Block in it (that’s why it’s orange :grin:)

Jim

Jim
I’d vote for you to go for the '30 Ford Coupe, but this time how about a Ford engine for us Ford guys.
joel

Joel,

The kit comes with a Chevrolet engine, so I’d have to source a Ford engine from some place.

Jim

Check at the recyclers, in pieces :rofl:

There will be resin or 3D printed after market options out there, otherwise it’s a good excuse to buy another kit to get a donor engine.

Cheers, D

1 Like

Jim,
And D is an expert on reasons to have to buy another kit. Come to think of it, he wrote the book.
joel

1 Like

He does tend to buy a lot of Chevrolet kits. :grin:

As it turns out, according to a friend of mine who has (1) built both the 1929 & 1930 Model A kits & (2) knows a heck of a lot more about cars than I do, the 1929 Ford Model A Roadster kit comes with a Chevrolet small block and the 1930 Ford Model A Coupe comes with a Buick Nailhead.

Jim

1 Like

There he goes again - throwing darts at the blue oval !:joy:

1 Like

All in good fun my friend, and I fully expect to be ducking and weaving the return fire :sunglasses:

D

1 Like

Hard to knock small block Chevrolet . My dad ran them in two of his race boats . First speed skiff was Oldsmobile and was National champion. Second skiff 283 Chevrolet- High Point champ for two seasons .
280 class hydroplane with 265 Chevrolet power came within 7/10ths of mph for speed record. Something over 102 mph and the record was a tad over 103 that year .
Close but just not enough.

Like me my dad loved his Fords but truth be told they were not competitive way back when .

Cheers - Richard

Richard,
How true. But now these days the Fords are top dogs in Nascar.
joel