Revell 2015 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R

Here is my build of the Revell 2015 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R. Here is the kit I used (which I think some are familiar with):

The kit depicts the car as is raced in the 2016 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, of which it won the GTLM Class (not the car on the box). My build is completely box stock, and it went together quite well, for the most part. I will say that the only part of the kit that didn’t fit well & gave me fits trying to get it to fit were the headlights. I got them in, but they were a real pain. The car is Tamiya Yellow TS-16 with various Tamiya black accents. The interior & chassis are Rust-oleum Semi-Gloss Black which, in retrospect, was probably a mistake. Oh, well. Too late now. Another thing I wish I had known prior to starting the kit was to go to Scalemates & download the instructions for the Revell of Germany issue of this kit. It has much more detailed painting instructions & color callouts than this issue. Well, I have them for next time. So, here’s my build in all its glory (such as it is).

Engine bay (not much to see)

Couple of interior shots taken during construction:

Thanks for looking.

Jim

7 Likes

Very nice … awesome looking car :+1:

Thanks, John. I have another one planned, but in a different livery.

Jim

1 Like

Very cool 'Vette Jim, nice work!

Cheers, D

Thanks, D. I was wondering when you’d find this Chevrolet. :grin: I have the Classic Racing Resins 2016-2019 Corvette C7.R Upgrade kit & Indycals decals for the next one.

Jim

1 Like

nice build. your build reminds me off the vette racing at Laguna Seca last lap.

Curious if you ever had the chance to see it. I had watched the whole race and it was probably top five ever finishes in racing for me.

Thanks. No, can’t say as I’ve seen that race, although I do like the paint scheme on that Corvette. From the taillights, it looks like an older model. Didn’t GT2 change the GTLM after 2011?

Jim