Revell match for russian green?

Hello, I wonder if they exist for T14 or T90A/T72’ because for some reason, revell ask to mix white and 48, but in their 1/72 scale T90, the green is 39. I wonder if 65 wouldn’t be a good fit too.

Thanks for your answers!

I already wrote earlier that the palette of “Russian” coloring is very wide: the color depends on the age of the equipment, the time of its last repair, the greed of the storekeeper, etc. Therefore, attempts to make the right color are futile.

Here is a comparison of the two assembled models Armata.

Here is a link to recommendations from AMMO MIG.
But not all of our modellers agree with these recommendations.

Here is a link to a selection of Armata models. Look at ready-made models that people did not hesitate to put in public access.

In our stores they sell just such a set of Tamiya paints for this model.

You can see the color numbers on the box.

Hope I could help you. If there are more questions - write.

5 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t knew tamiya did those paints set. So the revell 65/39/40 etc would be fine for russian green since there are so many variation. For my inspiration o n the T72B3, the 65 seem to be fine since it’s not a green as dark as 39 or 40.

(from oryx)

As Yuri has said there is so much variety to “Russian Green” due to aging, weathering, poor quality paint products, etc. That the question soon becomes moot.

Modulating Color

I tend to use soft oil pastel shaders (pigments) to shift the color in just about any direction I choose. I finish my painting with a final coat of Tamiya Matte Clear (TS-80 Rattle Can) applied as a very dry spray - holding the can well away from the subject to form a microscopically fine rough “tooth” to the finished surface. (The best flat color I have ever seen!) Then I literally scrub the pigments into this tooth with a short bristle, stiff, small brush for an almost permanent coating. No further clear coat is necessary.

This extremely faded MAZ 8x8 is a heavy application of a teal colored pigment over a base coat of Tamiya US Olive Drab using the same technique.
(Admittedly this model is a look but don’t touch subject but the heavy teal color is still fairly permanent and requires some rubbing to disturb.)

Another example of color shifting as both the hood and cab of this US Marine vehicle started out as the exactly same paint shade. However the hood structure, being molded fiberglass and not metal, quickly fades in the harsh Middle Eastern sun.