REVIEW: Hobby Boss 1/18 UH-1B/C Huey

Darren Baker takes a look at the UH-1 B/C Huey helicopter in 1/18th scale from Hobby Boss.

Even though the box says UH-1B/C, the kit is a UH-1C model. The B and C models were very different and can not really be built from one kit. Additionally, this is a re-box of a 21st Century Toys toy. It really isn’t much of a model with screws all over it and very poor details, especially in 1/18 scale.

1 Like

The plastic IP and decals seem to be miles apart from each other.

I stick with my comment that we will not like it but the kids will love it

1 Like

I fully agree.

How old are those molds?

@HeavyArty @CMOT thanks for the review, i was gonna get one but you guys have saved me a lot of cash by not buying it.

And you put this “where” when your finished???

Perhaps we’re missing the potenial of a model like this. Although not acceptable for the purist or the scale enthusiast it does present a good opportunity for a “father/son” or as I suspect for most of us here, a “Granpa/ grandson” build. The size or scale is perfect for a youngster’s hands and attention span and would be a great way to introduce a kid to the hobby, a young fella that marvels at dad’s “toys” could get hands-on experience and as a mentor we could begin their journey towards a practical understanding of history, assembleing something from diagrams, help them build their manual dexterity, start teaching them about painting and instill in them the satisfaction of constructing and completing a project from scratch. The benefit is two-fold in that a closer bond is gained for both.
We shouldn’t expeect every model to be a historically accurate showpiece.

Cajun :crocodile:

5 Likes

dangling from the ceiling at the endd of thread or fishing line. lol