RF-104G Starfighter, 306 Sqn RNLAF - Kinetic 1:48

Finally finished my Kinetic 1:48 F-104G. I build it as an RF-104G Starfighter of 306 Squadron, Royal Netherlands Airforce. I used stencil decals provided by the Dutch Starfighter Foundation, who are restoring a 1:1 F-104 and made a decalsheet to complement the Kinetic release of their Starfghter. In addition, I used a DACO Orpheus pod to turn my model into an RF-104G, as used by 306 Squadron Royal Netherlands Airforce.

13 Likes

What show stopper! Love the blurred ground and the perspex mount- really looks the part like its speeding along and has been caught in a photograph. Impressive painting and detailing too- just tremendous.

4 Likes

Lovely work Jasper… I still remember them flying about in the 70’s…
The cockpit with the pilot is awesome!!!

1 Like

Jasper, fantastic work, that’s a beautiful airplane. The top notch presentation makes an excellent “in flight” impression! A+++

3 Likes

Very nice !

Crackin’ good! As is the display.

What he said! Very creative presentation.

Blockquote

Thank you for the kind words all!

Thanks! Glad you like that detail. The visors were often decorated with colourful figures, in the case of 306 Squadron a giraffe wearing a flight helmet and with a camera around its neck, because that’s what the squadron did: Stick out their necks to photograph strategic positions.

5 Likes

Great detail to include…