RFM Abrams M1A2 SEP V2

When I get round to getting started on this, I am going to keep the stowage low key and only really use what comes in the box which is mostly on sprue O, which there are 2 of. Am I correct in thinking there are X2 coolers, a round one and a large oblong one ? There are also 2 40mm ammo boxes and what looks like 2 round pans with handles that go in the rear of the RH turret basket. Are they pans ? And you also get 3 spare road wheels. Also, would one of the oblong coolers fit in with an M1A1 … I also have Qs about the 3 versions you can build, as I only want to build a standard gun tank… No battle SIM kit fitted, but will do those when I start the build. :+1:

It looks like 3 types of coolers, the cylindrical one (O3,15,20,21) and 2 oblong ones (O24,25,26,27,28,29) & (O4, 5, 17, 23,24).I’m guessing the pans are drip pans for under the final drive access plates in the rear.

1 Like

Thanks Sean, that’s a great help. Are the coolers military standard issue to each tank therefore a uniform colour ? Or purchased as normal coolers and normal cooler colours like blues and whites etc ?

The coolers are civilian ones bought through the supply system or on the civilian market. They are usually white, blue, or red and commonly Igloo brand. They can be used on any US vehicle as they were common in Iraq and A’stan to hold cold water/sodas. The pans are indeed drip pans for the rear final drives.

1 Like

Thanks @HeavyArty & @Seanmcandrews …great help as always.

Sure thing, looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

1 Like

The tracks are a bit fiddly to assemble but if you are careful they are workable although a bit fragile.

1 Like

Thanks DV, I’m probably going to do it NATO as sand has been done to death with M1s. Quite tempted by a factory fresh look for a change as well…but that will probably change when I do it.