RFM M1A2 SEP V.3 work in progress

Here is RFM M1A2 SEP V.3 Im doing for a friend of mine

18 Likes

Looks great so far. What is that structure on the side of the turret?
Nice collection of M1s in the background too!

Trophy active protecton system
The 3 Abrams you see in the background are Ukrainian,Egyptian and Iraqi thats just a portion of the Abrams in my collection

Ok so that’s the Trophy Active Protection system. It’s mounted on both sides of the turret correct?
I wonder how much weight it adds to the tank.

Yes it mounts on the side of the turret

“The entire Trophy system deployed on an Abrams tank weighs about 1,600 pounds.”

Nice; the two-tone paint pattern is subtle, but i like it.

WOW That’s one Bad Ass looking Tank. Great Job !!! . If Only Mine could look that good. The Abrams is my overall favorite modern tank, followed closely by…I Hate to admit it…The Leopard 2A-6, as well as the Brit Challenger II. I have a completed Challenger, ( from Years ago) Processing: IMG20231206222025.jpg… which doesn’t look too shabby. & I just completed a T-72M-1,

and I have an RFM Canadian Leopard 2A6 still waiting to be built.

1 Like

Right now, I’m sitting on an RFM M1A2 SEP v2, along with a Dragon M1A2 SEP v2 (thanks @Petition2God); i also have an RFM Leo 2A6 (thanks @TopSmith) and an older Tamiya Cr.1, i want to get my hands on a RFM Cr.2 so I can have what I call; “The Trinity of Modern Western Armor” (Abrams, Leopard, Challenger).

thanks the worst part of the painting was my friend wanted the trophy APS on his painted NATO green and masking all that off to pant the Tamiya khaki drab once its finished ill post a final pic of it before i ship it off now

Thank you if you like my SEP V.3 check out my WIP of my hypothetical M1A3 i kitbashed Amusing Hobby’s Abrams X with a RFM M1A1 and a couple of bits from Voiio SEP v.2

10 Likes

thanks the worst part of the painting was my friend wanted the trophy APS on his painted NATO green and masking all that off to pant the Tamiya khaki drab once its finished ill post a final pic of it before i ship it off

2 Likes

That’s an interesting looking M-1 Abrams. I love how you hid the smoke dischargers. The whole concept is very unique. looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Addendum…Oh CRAP I Almost forgot about the Tamiya Abrams that I received recently

1 Like

Been toying with building a “Shake N’ Bake” Tamiya Abrams. If I could find the old M1 Abrams, I would build it, don;t care how horrible it may be in terms of details , just want to build one and give it the old REFORGER 82 “Carbine Fortress” paint scheme.

the turret is Actually the turret from Amusing hobby’s Abrams X 90% of the Kits is Amusing hobby’s Abrams X

I can tell you bashed together the Abrams X turret and the top from a Tamiya M1A2; it’ll look really sick once completed.

the the yellowish parts on the turret are the excess turret parts that were included in the RFM M1150 Assault Breacher also see the major change i made to the front of the hull

3 Likes

Here is the Trinity as you call it

those 3 are part of my 24 tank NATO collection
heres the list
13 Leopard 2 various marks :Germany,Sweden,Hungary,Greece,Turkey,Finland,Portugal,Netherlands,Norway,Denmark,Canada,
Spain and Poland

T72
Czech Republic
N. Mesidonia
Bulgaria
Slovakia

M84A4
Croatia

T55
Romania

Type59
Albania