RFM Tiger 1 Early update

Some folks may have followed my other thread about basic questions about my RFM Tiger 1. https://forums.kitmaker.net/t/basic-tiger-1-question-for-the-experts/10484/79

I’ve been away from the work bench and just got back to finishing the build off. So here’s an update and a few comments re the RFM kit #5003. See my comments below the images.

Great kit. But like most kits I found a few issues. Some of my own doing and others oops from the Rye Field team.
Step 3. the instructions are vague on location of part J9. It should butt up against the bottom of J14.
Step 8. There are 2 parts marked as J23. The vision block should be part J82.
Set 14. Don’t be like me and try to fit part K71 later. Do it first.
Step 17. I eventually found the drivers dash on sprue K. It’s not shown in the instructions. I never did find the other vision block that sits above the drivers dash. I scratch built one.
Step 20. Make sure you install part K61 & K62 before K72 & K73. Don’t ask how I know.
Step 24. Careful of K77 & K76. They look similar but there is a left and a right side.
Step 28. F25 should be F32.

There are more things to be careful of but no real ‘gotcha’ issues.

I’ll do some better images rather than using the phone camera.

My finish is a bit glossy so I have some more weathering to do. I also tried to copy 321’s bent fenders. I sanded them as thin as possible before attacking them.

bruce

2 Likes

A few more image. I’m yet to paint the shells.

bruce

2 Likes