RFM track replacements

Hey all, I’m looking for replacement tracks for RFM5046 Panzer IV, what do you recommend? I think I want to avoid anything that needs gluing (not too successful with the RFM ones :frowning_face:).

1 Like

The two choices that I can personally recommend are Masterclub (available from HobbyEasy) and Friul (available from Friul). The Masterclub tracks come with pins, the Friul tracks use wire. Both are very easy to assemble.

1 Like

I personally have used SanXin metal tracks. The tracks are made of a sturdier metal allow that takes blackening solution really well.

1/35 CZ35010 Panzer Pz.kpfw III/IV Tank Mid Type Metal Tracks w/Pin Model | eBay

ALso, R-Model makes PzIII/IV tracks in early configuration, with the hollow guide horns.

1/35 R Model 35034H Panzer III/IV Mid pro Metal Track w/Metal Pin | eBay

1 Like

Ive got a spare set of Border link & length you can have if you want, no charge just DM me your address if you want them. Bit easier to work with than the RFM multi-piece workable ones.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for the offer, I will take you up on it. I owe you one.

Thanks everyone for your tips. I will keep in mind the other manufacturers for future builds.

2 Likes

I really like those R-Model pins, they really give a finished look.

3 Likes

Yes, I had a senior moment and forgot about R Model. I have about a dozen sets of their tracks and they are sensational. The brass pins make assembly much smoother than either Masterclub or Friul. Those pins also give you a much straighter run and a more authentic look. Highly recommended.

2 Likes

Masterclub, they do a large range of Panzer IV tracks, far better quality than fruil

1 Like

Tom,

Where can we order the R Model pz IV tracks from?

Thanks

1 Like

EBay is where I get mine.

Tom Thanks.

They look nice but a little too expensive for my level. VBG.

1 Like

Chris,

The tracks arrived today. Thank you very much, your generosity is above and beyond. I owe you one.

If someone needs extra tracks I will pay it forward. Thanks again.

3 Likes

You’re very welcome my friend, glad to help :slight_smile: Hopefully they fit!

2 Likes