Rise of the Apes

Thank you both for your input. :love_you_gesture:

It IS only make believe, so I’m not getting too caught up in anatomical (or any other) accuracy issues with this lads. FGS Im giving him what Blackdog are passing off as F88 austerys :upside_down_face:

1 Like

True, especially if there was some sort of (nuclear) catastrophe involved. Parallel evolution would probably send them in a more humanoid direction and there are some who suggest evolution is “revolutionary” in that major changes occur in only a few generations. Having a little archaeological experience I am aware that (at least in western Europe) in the last two millennia the form of human jaws has gone from the majority of adults having what dentists call a “perfect bite” where the teeth meet tip-to-tip to an “overbite” where the upper teeth overlap the lower (something to bear in mind when when doing busts of historical figures) but there is increasing evidence that has happened in just the last two or three centuries.

Regards,

M

Absolutely. Essentially I’m just advocating the use of figures (or parts thereof) outside their own context or scale. For example many (about 50!) years ago I converted a Bandai 1:48th scale WW2 U.S. Artilleryman to a 1:32nd scale Goblin Spearman; in fact back then that sort of thing was pretty much the only way of modelling fantasy figures and despite the increasing popularity of such subjects it’s not an entirely redundant technique.

Regards,

M

1 Like

I remember reading somewhere how the move to a more meat based diet has seen the development of of the more common over bite… I. The more. I read on it all the more I’m drawn to evolutionary interspersed with explosive revolutionary changes… Fascinating stuff.

1 Like

Open yo any and all suggestions, it’s how you develop.

1 Like

In the end I decided to keep it simple. Calling it done.

5 Likes

Very nice. Simple, but very effective. Great job.

1 Like

That one worked out nicely! It tells a story without unnecessary fuss. I’m going to have to consider non-human heads on humanoid bodies. Unfortunately (and unlike 28mm scale) these seem to be limited to Zombies, which have already been done to death…

Regards,

M

2 Likes

That describes probably half of my friends that are over age 45 and the other half that are orkish and proud of it…wink

4 Likes

… pretty much describes me too…

1 Like

Had the chance to display this at a recent show… Might have bben the viewing angle but only those that really looked as opposed to a quick glance saw it for what it was… Doesn’t pay to be too subtle I guess.:roll_eyes: Next time I’ll make sure it’s displayed higher :thinking:

3 Likes

Paul - only just caught up with this - love it!

I feel your pain at the scant attention paid; I had similar when I displayed my Kommandobefehl dio. Someone just glanced and commented “Nice trees”. What the hell?

Having seen your sin the flesh, I’m beyond confused with how they COULDN’Tsee it. :confused:

End of the day I model for me…

2 Likes

:100: the only rule modelers should have.

2 Likes