Rise of the Apes

Couldn’t wait so replaced the head on a Masterbox figure I’d be playing with. Decided. I like the overall look so I’m going to rework the uniform.

8 Likes

Nice and different! Where did the ape head come from? Royal Model?

BTW, I wish you used a resin figure for your project. The details on the Masterbox plastic look very soft…

Mario

1 Like

Thank you Mario,
Yes they are the Royal model ones.
Dont have resin figures to try it on tbh. But I’m going to try and rework things to see what I can come up with.

1 Like

Looking good. Very interesting conversion.

1 Like

Thank you Gino. I’m probably going to do at least one more Ape and maybe the prisoner from this set
s-l500

1 Like

You need a Charlton Heston head for the kneeling figure! :grin:
:smiley:

1 Like

The head fit is quite superb, actually, and sure makes for something unique and different. Kudos! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you both.

And maybe a 3D Print of the lady’s arm… This could get out of hand quickly :upside_down_face:

1 Like

a very interesting conversion, I will be interested to see where you go with this.

1 Like

You and me both Dave, cause I haven’t a clue at the minute… Like most of my modeling it’s kinda organic… Fluid, dynamic living stuff​:joy::flushed::thinking:

1 Like

I meant Lady of Liberty BTW…

I bet you could find a Statue of Liberty toy/souvenir pretty cheaply.

EDIT:

Looks like someone already did it.

1 Like

Oh hells bells…

In 1/35, Ms Liberty’s head would be bigger than your own! (No disrespect to either!)
:smiley:

1 Like

I wasn`t aware that the apes had Special Forces hunting down Taylor and the humans. :slightly_smiling_face:

Creative lisence… Nah…

I’ll probably end up with just 2/3 figures on a simple base.

Oh yup. The 6th Simian Special Forces GROUP…
and don’t ask why its the 6th.

Preiser makes a set of naked humans ( both genders).
https://www.preiser-figuren.de/preiser-63900-1:32-figurenset-adam-bausatz-6-st-unbemalt-preiser-63900,art-18091
Imagine them clad in putty clothes, running away from two mounted apes on gallopping horses, holding a net. :smile:

2 Likes

One point is that apes don’t have human proportions often having long arms, short bowed legs and frequently a paunch. Oddly enough, they share these features with many fantasy Orc figures. It may be worth looking at some of larger (plastic) versions of these (GW Nobz/Black Orcs) as possible recipients for simian heads although there would be some work required in the neck area. More recent iterations of these have a reasonable level of refinement and are large enough to handle the scale shift.

Regards,

M

1 Like

Who knows how the apes of Planet of the Apes have mutated after 2000 years? I think that pod3105 is refering to the original movie from 1968, which is set in 3978 A.D.

2 Likes