Roadblock, Ardennes 1944

Hi everyone,
once upon a long time ago i have posted pictures of this diorama on the old forum of armorama.
However after making some adjustments the scenery looks better, especially after adding the new homemade pine trees. the paintwork on the figures is very basic i am not a good figure painter but the result is not bad. The Alpine figures paint almost themselves if you know what i mean :wink:.
Diorama 1/35
The Willy’s jeep and Sherman tank are from Tamiya.
The tankdestroyer is from Acedemy;
All figures are Alpine miniatures .
Snow effect and seafoam from Joefix studios.
Landscape and pine trees build from scratch and balsa wood.

As always thank you for watching, comments are welcome!

The pictures ;

13 Likes

That is very impressive Kurt … Loads of great details to look at again and those new trees look fantastic … Excellent work :+1:

3 Likes

Wow! You won’t believe it, but I was thinking of this diorama just yesterday!
Glad to see you back, my friend!

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

2 Likes

Thanks for the nice words, Johnny.and Mike .

@Johnny, agreed those trees are making the scenery very special.

@mike, i’ll try to do my best to visit this forum much more. I was also thinking about the years i’ve spent on Armorama and the fact that i was missing the great friendship here. Appreciated my friend.

Cheers,
Kurt.

2 Likes

That is some really good work. Freezin me ars off lookin at it. The veggie work is awesome, and the scenario, very well done.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words Steve, i’m glad you like it.

Cheers;

1 Like

Excellent, fantastic scene.

Makes me feel cold just to look at it.

You’ve nailed that snow and cold perfectly…

:clap::clap: Watto.

2 Likes

Hi Watto,

thanks for your reply, ow yes the cold scenery it does you crank up the stove right?
thanks for your visit.
Kurt

2 Likes

Hi Kurt welcome back – I think that I too remember this from ?2017? on the old site - maybe my memory is playing tricks but I thought it was a larger scene (?)…with a stream running through it? Whatever, this looks excellent & so well photographed too. The very fine snow effects are exceptional and perfectly in scale :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Hello Tim,
Thanks for your very nice words, glad to be back for sure.
The scene with the stream is part of another diorama called ‘’ In the Cold Morning of
December the 19th 1944’’ which was also a Battle of the Bulge scenery from 2014 I think.
Anyways, that one is also on the bench to restyle it some of the subjects were a little bit to dramatic.
Kurt

3 Likes