Roden Vomag 8 LR LKW | Armorama™

New 1/35 Vomag 8 LR LKW German WWII truck from Roden

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/roden-vomag-8-lr-lkw

Honking big Vomag truck

3 Likes

Roden. Life’s too short. I’ll pass.

I did their Blitz bus and it was just fine.
Seen here as still a work in progress. Just need to add the window glass.

1 Like

I have their Rolls Royce Armored Car and I put it back in the box and bought the Meng kit.

1 Like

Same here to a degree; bought their M37 - key vehicle for Cold War stuff - sucked the life out of me. Still incomplete (although to be fair, my stash of the half-built is fairly comprehensive!).

3 Likes

Will go blindly for it, no doubt, was waiting for it since they released the 1/72 kit. Have their 3 RRs, one finished and once built it looks far better one could think looking at the sprues. Their kits need more attention than usual but can be done and with some extra care and details these will look the part. Possibly a nice 88 Waffenträger is following?

Ditto on the large half-built stash!

However, would you rather be building this one as a Vac-form kit?

I was working on the Vac-form of the Blitz bus and then the Roden kit came out so . . . . .

1 Like

Vac-forms to me are what leprosy used to be in Biblical and medieval times - to be avoided!

2 Likes

Just as ugly in 1/72! I currently have the 1/72 scale version in progress — my first Roden kit. No real problems to report. Good plastic, clear instructions, fun build! I’d build that 1/35 truck in a heartbeat if I needed it. :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike

I’ll buy one, but 1/72 scale, as that’s all I can afford, space wise. Have the 88mm self propelled gun on the Vomag chassis.
I just love this big truck.

2 Likes

Vacforms were great to start scratchbuilding, throwing the plastic parts in the dustbin and just keeping the plans!

2 Likes