"Rough-Rider"

Hi guys, Last night, I watched the following documentary on TV, which made me think of “Nancy.”

Oral Histories, The Vietnam War
Milton Jones, Vietnam War Veteran, U.S. Marine Corps

You can also view it on YouTube:

This part in particular gave me a chuckle and reminded me of Gun Trucks guarding convoys in-country…

Milton Jones (U.S. Marine Corps Veteran) discusses how upon his arrival in Vietnam, he was left to his own devices in getting to his Unit. He mentions avoiding catching a “Rough-Rider” convoy while making his way up to Khe Sanh…

Timestamp approx. 48:40

The video is 90-minutes long, but I found the interview in its entirety to be quite moving.

Hope you enjoy.

—mike

3 Likes

Very good and informative video!
I must say though, I spent my whole time while watching it working on “Nancy”.

1 Like

Mike @justsendit, thanks for sharing this link, Mr Jones offers a very articulate and affable recounting of his service experience and it was refreshing to see a Nam vet not embittered by their tour in-country. I’m tempted to check out some of the other interveiws listed in the series, good veiwing.

Cajun :crocodile:

1 Like

very interesting listening, I have been listening to some of the Jocko Willink podcasts where he talks to some of the MACV-SOG guys. those are some amazing stories that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end.

1 Like