Russian life jacket

Google is leading me astray this morning.

What does the modern Russian life jacket look like and/or more importantly can I modify Aerobonus figures 0006 and 0008 easily to work on the Takom AK-130 and Sam launcher to show someone climbing the hand rails. Seemed easy with the parade rest figures to modify but the life jackets have me confused.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Stupid question because I don’t Navy, but would they actually be wearing lifejackets?

The mountings seem well back from the rails, and if you’re gonna fall, you’re gonna fall into the gun tub if anything.

1 Like

I don’t know. I was looking for some figures climbing that could be repurpose without much work.

Most of the photos show submariners and that makes since. Looks like my plan might not work.

Oh! It’s because they’re already wearing life jackets! I hadn’t actually looked at the figures all that closely.

I think you could get away with it. The Russian jackets look bulkier, but I don’t know that it would be that noticeable in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

Adding some plastic and apoxie sculpt or similar might fix the jacket. I was thinking about the hard hats that was not doable, but maybe some Alpine German heads with piss cutter would work. :thinking: