S.W.A.T. 'Inspirations' by Sergey Kovalev | Armorama™

Adie Roberts continues his inspirations to help inspire modellers of all abilities to work out of their comfort zone building dioramas or just trying new builds.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/s-w-a-t--inspirations-by-sergey-kovalev
6 Likes

Superb build but that McDs sign is distracting and I think is too much. Would be better without. Awesome build though - i wonder if this is set in NOLA?

Really cool! Did you convert the SWAT figures from Dragon, or are they Live-Resin? The Dragon SWAT comes with HK MP5s and 9mm vest ammo pouches. There are few 1/35 SWAT figures on market.

The figures look like ant miniatures FSB figures with new weapons

Did NOLA actually mount a machine gun in the turret? I highly doubt it. My department placed a sniper in that location with a GAP 10 sniper rifle. There has been enough outcry around the USA over the use of MRAP’s (which I personally feel is unwarranted) let alone mounting a MAG or HMG in the turret.

Agreed. I don’t think I have ever seen a Police/SWAT/Sherriff MRAP mounting any weapon, let alone a .50 cal.

They look to be this set, with new weapons and a different shield

Ant Miniatures: Assault Group of Spetsnaz of FSB, Russia 2011, #35-46-47-48

That comment I made was not to take away from an otherwise excellent diorama/scene.

I think this is an excellent diorama. Great job on the vehicle, building and figures. Well done all around!