SAS Jeep Tamiya 1/35

Well here is my Tamiya 1/35 SAS Jeep. Most of you will know this classic kit. This was a straight forward build for me preserving most of the original kit. I added minor scratch building to spice it up a bit and sculpted most of the stowage from super sculpt polymer clay to give it some uniqueness. I did not even corrected the 3 handles for the jerry can as I just didn’t bother at the end. I even just placed the spade without any straps or holder intentionally. This is a fun build for me and enjoying slapping paint than anything else. At the end of the day the build gave me a good smile and not bothered with every details that need replacement or correcting. Hope this gives you a smile in your face also, its a cracking little kit form the 70’s not much else to say.

18 Likes

this takes me back to my childhood, thanks for posting, you did a better job on that tamiya kit than I did.

Looks like a great fun build and main thing is … You enjoyed doing it :+1::+1:

Much appreciated Johnny and Klaus. Reminds us all that this little kit was very much a part of all of us and still is in 2022.

Raphael

1 Like

Brings back memories. You did a fabulous job with it. I like that you painted the bags and stowage a green instead of the typically reproduced khaki colors.

1 Like

Looks like you did a great job with this kit and I really like the figures painting.
Would look nice with a small sand covered base.
Cheers,

1 Like

Great job!
I like the overall worn look, especially the tires.
I can’t believe this kit still isn’t in my stash…ugh.

1 Like

The sculpting looks great. Consistency and scale

1 Like

I built that kit myself as well, back in the 80’s, I would guess. Loved those little Jeeps. I now have several from other manufacturers now. Can’t wait to see them all together in my case.

Looks awesome :+1:t2::+1:t2: