Scammell commander in 1/35 on its way

Picked up from friends on Facebook

4 Likes

Now I would be very interested in that bad boy

1 Like

I’d definitely be interested in one.

Another Model for my stash!

Oooh! I need that one too!

As I mentioned in the other discussion on Modern Kits Wishlist, it’s easy for Hobby Boss and Trumpeter to do all these tank transporters - HET, Elefant, Commander (and I’m sure the Antar will come at some point) - when they have good kits from Accurate Armour to use as reference… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Not copying them since you can’t mold the same way in plastic as in resin, but a perfect reference source.
I have the AA resin kit of the Commander so I’ll see how the HB kit compares.

Assuming the the one your copying is correct which in a lot of cases they aren’t.

Since Accurate Armour is the only one that has done any of these tank transporter kits prior to them being released by Trumpeter/HB, accuracy is not a problem as AA has usually been pretty good on that front.

did this ever get released or a release date given ?

One is left (out of 3) on eBay. It may be a preorder though.

Hobbyboss 1:35 Scammell Commander, #HB85527 | eBay

1 Like

Cheers Gino. I think it is a pre-order as I couldn’t find any reference to it on scalemates when I looked just now :+1:

Got mine from Australia (via EBay) yesterday - it’s a big box o’plastic. Need to figure out what to do about the engine though - it has the bottom of the engine/transmission on a plate that goes into the frame, but even on the HB painting diagrams you can see under the fenders thru to the other side with a big void space. Also, HB needs to learn Tamiya sprue engineering - their parts are spread all over the place with no real logic, and it’s really easy to clip off locating tabs removing parts from the sprues. Great looking truck though.