Schwere Panzerjäger Abteilung 519 (Nashorn)

I’m doing research on the Schwere Panzerjäger Abteilung 519 with Nashorns (the Tamiys kit I’m working on) and something isn’t right

According to a websight on the Schwere Panzerjäger Abteilung 519 …
Schwere Panzerjäger Abteilung 519 was one of the units equipped with the Nashorn and by November 1943 the unit was attached to the 3rd Panzer Armee, where it would be engaged during the battle of Vitebsk, fighting from December 1943 to January 1944, during which time it helped repel many Soviet attacks.

The Battle of Vitebsk was in June

I’m now confused, and this is the only info I can find on the 519

That website is wrong (whatever website it is), 519 was all but destroyed at Vitebsk in June 44, then sent west to rebuild using Jagdpanthers. I found several websites, not a whole lot of information, but dates and locations.
schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 519 (axishistory.com)
519th Heavy Tank Destroyer Battalion : Heavy Tank Destroyers Battalions (armedconflicts.com)
The heavy tank destroyer division 519 of the Wehrmacht (balsi.de)
Lexikon der Wehrmacht - schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung (lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de)
panzerjaeger-info.fuehr-online.de/html/WH2.html
Ken

Are you sure that the unit history is correct? The Battle of Vitebsk took place during Operation Bagration at the end of June as you stated. Where did the unit history come from?

https://www.axishistory.com/axis-nations/153-germany-heer/heer-other-units/4493-schwere-panzerjaeger-abteilung-519

The schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 519 was formed on 25 August 1943 from Arbeitstab Hoppe and was equipped with Hornnisse tank destroyers.
In July 1944 it was almost completly destroyed and was withdrawn to Mielau where it was refitted with one company of 17 Jagdpanthers and two companies of Sturmgeschütz III. In October it was on the western front under LXXXI Armeekorps, during the fighting it suffered heavy losses and had an average of just 3 Jagdpanthers ready for action in November and December.

Ok
I believe I have figured this out
The Schwere Panzerjäger Abteilung 519 was fighting ‘around’ Vitebsk during the Battle of Nevel in Dec 1943 … which is what the 519 website and the Tamiya kit are talking about
The Battle of Vitebsk took place during Operation Bagration
The 519 website & Tamiya are referring to the unit that fought at the Battle of Nevel in 43
I need to do research on the Battle of Nevel

Sounds like you got it figured out!
Ken

Glad you tracked it down. I was thinking it was something along those lines but couldn’t figure out what combination of words to google to find out what battles took place in that area