Scimitar mk2, from Gecko

The detail is superb pity instructions don’t help, as has you putting parts on items the having to remove to fit, into or through an item, tracks back to front on instructions , need to read first and plan your own assembly,
It is very well detailed,
Grease points on arms hidden when assembled, oil level plug on final drive housing GPS receiver and screen all separate 6 parts to assemble the outside pieces, gun breach and sights inside turret

8 Likes

Grease points will be seen on 3 of 5 suspension arms.
Not sure what you mean by putting parts on items, then removing to fit. I just built this and had no such issues.
yes the instructions aren’t always clear.

1 Like

Commander sight, put wiper blade on and then find will not go through sight cover plate, I noticed it before any work done

1 Like

Gecko update

1 Like

Point proven.

1 Like

Yup, mine are on backwards. too late to change them.

1 Like

Ah, ok I see now. I actually left this off until I was finished painting so I never noticed.

2 Likes

Lots of builders follow the instructions to closely, so just trying to point out issues,
Some of the last hours work.

1 Like

More work on it

5 Likes

I was looking to buy this kit. Would you buy it knowing the few issues?

1 Like

I have not had any problems with the kit, so far. It goes together very well,

the instructions are the problem,

if your a competent builder, just read the instructions a few times and mistakes jump out at you. Some numbering of parts that are, for the other side.
Nothing you can’t overcome with checking and checking again.

1 Like

Sorry but the box on the back, shouldn’t be touching at the bottom. equal space top to bottom. it kind of hangs

1 Like

Thanks I wil put a spacer in to stand it off,

1 Like

I would as most kits need some form of fettling. The dogs breakfast I’m working on at the moment is a case in point but I’ll get there.

1 Like

Nice work Frank.

1 Like

Regarding the small parts on Gecko kits, I keep telling myself what I read about Shep Payne. " if you can’t see it when it is finished then it isn’t neccessary "

1 Like

Sorted ECM box and brass day, not perfect, only having glasses, it will do.

1 Like

Pulled out this shelf queen.

11 Likes

Is this a difficult build? Gecko kits are notoriously finicky.

Not really, one or two bits maybe, reference helps a lot, just not as quick as most people want, they want detail gecko gives It to you, then scream it’s complicated.

I stopped halfway, due to not having a painting facility on my boat yet,
now set up in my new property, and will tackle the rest of the half built kits slowly,

5 Likes