Scored a find or two tonite

Had to run to Wallyworld to get some first aid supplies. Not for me this time but for a niece. Wandered back to speak to a neighbor who works there and as I walked by the toys two people were unwrapping a display of car models. I found their Christmas model display. Usually by the time I find it it’s down to 2 kits and the boxes had been crushed. Hadn’t built a car in decades so I grabbed AMT 94 Ford Lightning and a MPC 69 country Dodge Charger. It’s a reboxed, revamped General Lee from Dukes of Hazard. The instructions are identical and so are the parts but you get a extra set of wheels. The other difference is the kit isn’t molded in General Lee Orange like it was when it first came out, it’s in a black plastic and the General Lee decals are long gone and in their place is a of US flags and the names of Generals Grant, Patton, Washington and the words Born Free.

I want to use this kit to attempt paint with fingernail polish. The bright vivid colors would make it look good. Perhaps in a shade reminiscent of Plum Crazy. Yes I know that Plum Crazy appeared in '70, not 69, but I can dream.

2 Likes

The owner could have repainted it in Plum Crazy.
It has been known to happen that cars get a new colour by a new or original owner.
Maybe leave the inside of the hood in a factory original colour?