Scots Guards (Falklands) Bust

by far the best work Ive ever done. Its a new bust from MMM and a real joy to paint.

8 Likes

I see those freckles - very well done!

Hair col.or looks good. What did you use?

1 Like

Cheers. It was a real mix of reds, browns and med. flesh with splashes of grey in the temples.

Wow, indeed a wonderful job!

The face with the freckles looks great, but I particularly like the work on the DPM pattern and the fabric texture. Well done!

Mario

1 Like

This is a stunning example of this bust. I haven’t seen DPM painted so well in a long while. I know from trying myself how difficult it is to make it look right and you have excelled here. The red/ginger hair and freckles is also a wonderful touch- certainly a very difficult look to pull off and one I seldom ever see in busts. The texture work on both the scarf and the webbing straps also works well too. I’m assuming that you painted the texture by hand?

1 Like

Love the DPM… What colours did you for it ? Whole thing looks great. Eye expression and that area look superb :+1:

1 Like

Looks good, I was on their website looking at some busts and saw your build on their Facebook page and was like I have seen that build somewhere before.

1 Like

Cheers. For the textures I just made a paler and darker mixes of the base colours, very diluted, and did a few crisscross lines to suggest the texture. I’m amazed how well this has turned out. This is so much better than I’ve ever done before and can’t really tell why. It all just came together on this one. I’m getting another to see if lightning can strike twice!

1 Like

Thanks. The base was german beige with med. flesh for the base, then russian green with med. flesh for the green and Im not sure which brown I used. The actual colours dont matter half as much as getting the pattern and scale right.

Looks pretty amazing.

1 Like