Scrap Metal

I’ve been updating this dio I’ve been working on for awhile, by adding different shades of rust to break the monotone look of the junk in its entirety. I’ve also added steel rods as a load on top of the Suzuki. I’ve also added other smaller details here and there and add more interest to an otherwise mute theme. added more photos of different junk piles from different sites around the world. Added a name tag made out of foam. If you’ve seen the first load of photos I put up, you will then see the small changes I have made. I will add the figures as soon as I have done painting them. Thanks for looking.

13 Likes

That is awesome!! Excellent job. Makes me wish it was real so that I could go pick through it. I love rusty gold!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Harv.

1 Like

Nice composition. Looks like a pile of scrap metal that’s been there for some time.

1 Like

Thanks buddy.

1 Like

Something very unique and different. Nice job!

1 Like

That is outstanding. I remember the first one and that was great … You’ve taken this one up several more levels …
The flakey rust is superb as is every shade and degree of rust you have incorporated into it. Each piece looks real, and that’s a real accomplishment :+1:
The weighted back end of the Suzuki and the front lifting up is a very clever touch as are the dashboards…

An excellent Dio and one to be proud of :+1::+1:

1 Like

Glad you like it. Thank you.

Too kind. Appreciate your comments on the different levels of this diorama. Thanks.

Wonderful ! You are a talented artist.

1 Like

Thank you kindly.

Straight into my Best Diorama/Vignette 2022 shortlist with a bullet :+1: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Very kind of you. Thank you. Appreciated you add this to your shortlist. Makes me proud. :slight_smile:

I’ve just added the figures to the dio. Again, I am no figure painting expert, but I always try to give it my utmost best. The figures were bought ready made, but I repainted them differently and because the original painting was not to my liking. I wanted to better the face and skin texture than what the original had. The dog has not been repainted(will do that later), although, I added it just to give the overall appeal to the diorama. :)

3 Likes

That is an absolutely awesome dio! The only thing that gives it away as not being 1:1 is that the junk tires look like they have more tread left on them than one might expect in a junkyard. Your technique for rusty metal is perfect!

:beer:

1 Like

Thank you. A note, not every thing, like tyres parts of car or whatever are junk, just because they are in a junkyard. :wink: I have seen, especially on my end things that can still be used although, they are found in a junkyard. People do take things apart and leave them on the side for perhaps someone else might want it or they can sell it. It’s been known to happen. Like some of the car parts you see on the ground. So this is my take or thought about why things are, the the way they are. :wink: But I can understand what you mean, from your point of view. :slight_smile:

You are quite right–and to me nearly everything in a junkyard looks usable for something. :star_struck: Did not say it was wrong, just more than one might expect. There’s a saying among writers which may or may not apply to modeling: “The difference between fiction and non-fiction is fiction has to be believable.” :rofl:

It’s a great dio!

:beer:

1 Like

Another brilliant piece of work Charles, outstanding!

Cheers, D

1 Like

Appreciate your response and comment.

Thank you kindly.