Scratch built LVTA5 modified

I scratch built this back in 2003 when Italeri released the LVTA-4. I used the pontoons from their earlier release of the LVT-4 and lots of scratch building and modifying the pontoons, top hull, new fenders turret, back deck and the front bow took me a while to calculate the curves. I built it with 3 pictures no top views. Then it became a shelf queen for about 2 plus years.

A member on one of the forums I visited emailed me some detail pictures of it. I had to fix some minor detail that I made wrong, so with his pictures I continued to detail it.

Cheers,
Ralph

9 Likes

Great looking LVT.

yes good job
plasticard power!

Fantastic work there. After so much effort it is great to see it is moving along after so much time. I will look forward to your future posts.

Beautiful work . I will certainly be watching this .
By chance do you still have the photos you worked from. Might want to try my hand at one .

tumblr_mdo0k1ZMJ11rvbol9o1_250
Excellent work … and a real nice version of the LVT.

Hi Ryan…Thank you very much for the compliment.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi smolensk…Thank you very much for the compliment. Yes lots plastic.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi Peter
Thank you very much for the kind words.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi Chris
Thank you very much for the compliment.

I have to search for them. Do you have an email that I can send the pictures to you.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi Maartenboersma

Yes it is a nice version of the LVT and it was used in Korea.

Cheers,
Ralph

That’s modeling at its best ! Congratulations. :clap:

Olivier

@mech .
My email is as follows …
Modelprofessor@gmail.com
Thank you.

Hi Oliver … Thank you very much for the compliment.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi Chris email sent

Thank you much.

Awesome scratch building, Ralf!
Those slender curves and intricate detailing show a labor of love- I take my hat off!

Cheers,
Angel

Hi Angel

I have followed your work and you have set a high standard in your scratch building. For quite a few years my sign in and passwords have not worked on may sites that I used to visit.

Cheers,
Ralph

1 Like