Scratch Built M113 Bridgelayer

Here are some photos of the one in the hobby shop. Sorry, I don’t know who built it or what they did.

5 Likes

Tankerken thanks bro. Thats good to see . Im glad hobby shops still display peoples work.

2 Likes

Hmmm, I don’t know if it’s coincidence or kismet finding two scratch builds of the M113 bridgeing tank today but the two project posts may be what I needed to jolt me out of modelers block, suffered some serious burnout after my last kit build. This is a great subject and you’ve done a fine job bringing photos(?) or drawings(?) to life. Love to see Nam era AFV’s and engineering equipment is a particular favorite always. I’ll be sure to bookmark this WIP, looking forward to seeing more.

Cajun :crocodile:

@agincajun .
Thank you for the kind words. I saw the other one and found a couple of details I missed so it was great to see another one.
If you ever get the chance to look at the available photos of the vehicle, youll see that there seems to be subtle differences in them.

Well armor is intresting isn’t it? I’m curious if the bridgeing kit is fabricated at the assembly plant by FMC and installed at unit level or a field fabrication based on manufacturer’s plans, either way might explain the differences as far as attachment points etc., sorta like the gunner protection kits found in country between the 25th ID/4th Cav using the Okinawa gun shield and the 11 ACR using the more tailored ACAV kit.

Cajun :crocodile:

From the little I have been able to learn , they all seemed to have field improvised items . Also there seems to be at least e different generations of the bridge and associated parts.
One area that seemed to go through a few different incarnations is the hull attachment point and primary lift arms as well as the hydraulic arms.

1 Like

WOW!!Great job!! :clap:

1 Like

I tried the site link that is referenced in an earlier update, but received the dreaded ERROR 202 response.

1 Like