Scratch built US M75 APC and M44 APC

Hi Armorsmith
Thank you very much for the compliment.

You are right it has happened in the past that someone scratch built a vehicle an then a manufacturer released it in styrene.

Cheers,
Ralph

Carpetmonster snatch it??

These truly are superb!
I would love to build those… so go ahead; make masters and start producing them!!

Hi Paul

Thank you, you make me feel really happy about all my scratch builds.
There’s more to come.

Cheers,
Ralph.

Nah, wodden floor😜

Sublime stuff Ralph. At a loss for appropriate superlatives tbh…

Great building and scratch work, the M75 is still on my bucket list.

Greets Jan

Jan, I really would recommend the Retro Tracks M75; whilst a bit of a resin beast even I managed to wrestle it into submission:

(not one of my better photos)

Just in case you’re unaware of the source:

M75 Full Track - RetrokiT (retrokitonline.net)

1 Like

Thanks for the link, I am the solution some steps closer :+1: :+1: :+1:
And even it’s not a good photo just love it.

But still thinking of building it myself from scratch.
Maybe mech will share some drawings and measures ?
After working on the Spartan I know Every help and tips are welcome on such project

I am still wondering though. I know I saw an APC sitting on a firing range somewhere and it had 2 engines. One engine for each track. Anybody know of anything like this?
J

Yes. The M59 APC was the predecessor of the M113 and had 2 GMC straight 6 cylinder engines, one in each rear sponson. I’m no APC genius, that’s courtesy of Hunnicutt.

OK cool! I was beginning to think I was seeing things.
Thanks buddy,
J

Hi Paul
Thank you very much for the very kind words.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi Brian
Your Retro tracks M75 looks great.
I do not know if it was around when I scratch built mine.

Cheers,
Ralph

Ralph, that’s very kind; I’m not too sure how long it’s been around - it was only the second full resin kit I built, probably around 5-6 years ago. It is a big chunky beast with only the Commander’s hatch open (I think). I did use AFV Club tracks as opposed to the resin ones supplied just because I doubted my skills.

I keep promising myself that I’ll do a second one in a US finish (as opposed to Belgian) but that just remains a bit of a dream I think.

Mind you, I’d kill for a M59(!)

Hi Jan
Thank you very much for the compliment

Do you have an email that you can send me.
most of the measurements came from the internet search. I will have to search for the files.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi Ron
Thank you very much for the compliment.

I would have to start the scrath build from the beginning and build it in pieces so that it can be cast in resin.

Cheers,
Ralph

Here’s my first attempt at building the M59 APC. Just after Italeri released the M24 Chaffe and with the old tamiya M113 APC and two pictures front left and rear right. Over the years I found more pictures on the internet and realized I was totally wrong. It became a WHAT IF they did it this way.

Cheers,
Ralph

2 Likes

I found more model pictures of the M75 APC.

Cheers,
Ralph

7 Likes