Scratch built US T84 208mm Howitzer Motor Carriage

This is my scratch built US T84 8" Howitzer Motor Carriage based on the M26 Pershing tank chassis and suspension.

Cheers,
Ralph

I built it using these pictures and a few others that I have.

t84_1
t84_5

4 Likes

Very nice. I like how you used parts from an M40 to build it as well. Great job as always.

Wow, that a great start on the Vehicle! Your scratch building skills are out of this world!

Hi Gino
Thank you again for for the compliment.

I used may parts from the AFV Club M40 155mm the gun carriage, rear spade had to modify it quite a bit the shape was the same as in the pictures and other left over parts, The main chassis and upper hull I used it to scratch build the T30 Cargo Carrier that was planed to be used with the M1 240mm Howitzer and the M1 155mm Gun.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi Ronnie
Thank you very much for the great compliment.
The scratch build is complete except for painting,

Cheers,
Ralph

WOW!!
That’s first class modelling, really outstanding.

download (3)

Nice job well done looking forward to it in paint .

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

What’s next, Ralph ? The T92 ?

H.P.

Wow that thing is huge!

Ralph you are a master!!! :pray:

Hi Jacob
Thank you very much for the compliment.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi Piet…Thank you very much for the compliment.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi John…Thank you very much for the compliment.
I do not think I will painting it any time soon.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi Frenchy…Thank you very much for the compliment.

I was thinking about it. I scratch built the M1 240mm howitzer. There was a chap in England that was doing a 3D printing of the T92 but due to hill health he only got as far as the vehicle printed and assembled, no gun or carriage.

Thank you again in the pictures you supplied for my M113 MTAB scratch build that’s posted further down in the forum. Did you see it. About 7 days ago.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi Phil… Thank you very much for the great compliment.

Cheers,
Ralph

top level.
I continue to follow you

I remember the MTAB thread on the old forum, back in 2017…How time flies… :wink:

H.P.

Hi Frenchy

Yes time flies by these days for me. I started to building it a month after that. Have a look at the post and I hope that you will be impressed with what I was able to scratch build with the help of the pictures you sent me.

Cheers,
Ralph

Hi smolensk…Thank you very much For the compliment.

Cheers,
Ralph