Sculpting an alternative Ariel

@barnslayer, Yeah, we’ve kinda gotten off-topic. My apologies. I guess if we do want to continue this discussion we should move it the off-topic section.

1 Like

Prepare your materials: Gather the necessary sculpting materials such as clay or polymer clay, sculpting tools, and a reference image of the alternative Ariel you want to create.

Start with a wire armature: Begin by constructing a wire armature to provide stability to your sculpture. Use thin wire to shape the body and limbs, connecting them with thicker wire.

Build the body: With the wire armature in place, start adding clay to form the basic body shape. Utilize clay or polymer clay to sculpt the body, beginning with larger features like the torso, hips, and limbs, and gradually incorporating smaller details like the hands and feet.

Add intricate details: After establishing the body’s basic shape, incorporate facial features, hair, and clothing to enhance realism. Utilize sculpting tools such as carving tools or ball styluses to create texture and refine intricate details.

Ensure a smooth surface: Once all the details are in place, use a silicone brush or soft cloth to smooth out the sculpture’s surface, eliminating any fingerprints or tool marks.

Bake or dry: If you’re working with polymer clay, follow the instructions on the packaging to bake the sculpture in an oven. For traditional clay, allow it to dry and harden naturally over time.

Paint or finish: Once the sculpture has been baked or dried, you can paint it using acrylic paint or apply a sealant to protect the surface and achieve a polished appearance.

Remember that sculpting requires practice and patience, so don’t be discouraged if your initial attempt is not perfect. Keep honing your skills and experimenting with different techniques until you bring your envisioned alternative Ariel to life.

There’s also the “Pied Piper of Hamelin”…pedo, cannibal, or kidnapper? And the old witch in the forest who lured children to her home, then ate them! Really wholesome family stories. :open_mouth: :exploding_head:
:smiley: :canada:

1 Like

When I was a young lad, the Wicked Witch of the West’s monkeys scared the daylights out of me. When I shared that with my kids, they thought I was a whimp. And yet, Jonny Quest - a VERY dark cartoon - was my favorite series way back when. Some things get their hooks in you; some things don’t.

Speaking of rats…time for a joke:

A man walks into an antique store. The store has a whole wall of brass castings. His sight is set on a brass rat. The saleman tries to steer him towards, “something less troubling” - a brass accordian, perhaps. Nope. The man wants the rat. The salesman tries to let the man know that there is a story that goes with the rat. The man dismisses him, pays for the brass rat, and leaves.

As he is walking down the street he notices that rats are coming out from hiding and following him. Pretty soon there are scores of rats behind him. The man realizes it has something to do with the brass rat. He makes his way to the pier and chucks the brass rat into the water. All the rats follow the brass one into the water and drown. The man returns to the store.

The salesman asks, “ah, you’ve come back for the story, have you?”

“Nope,” the man replies, " just want to know, how much for the brass accordian?"

oooooooohhhh …
I can sympathise with that man
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I wonder if they have a brass banjo?

1 Like

Best use for a banjo?
Kindling for an accordian fire.

(Truth be told, Bela Fleck aside, I’m a sucker for a good bluegrass banjo picker.)

2 Likes

It was better when it was still a patch of wetlands.

1 Like

Sir Thomas Beecham said “Try everything once except incest and folk dancing”.
I bet that didn’t go down well in Arkansas…
:smiling_imp:
Cheers,

M

2 Likes

Do they have any brass ex-presidents? :thinking: :open_mouth: :exploding_head:
:smiley: :canada:

2 Likes

@brekinapez , Agreed.

1 Like