Sculpting an alternative Ariel

ahem …
:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

There could possibly be some sculpting tips in there somewhere …

3 Likes

Well….different take on top half or bottom half fish.

I do like the choppy choppy smackie smackie line. :rofl:

She would probably be a little tanner but to each their own.

3 Likes

If Disney made that children would be scarred for life lol!

3 Likes

Take it all the way, that pose needs Boobs… Go for the “Playbeing” centerfold!

Cheers,

M

It does seem somewhat backwards of traditional thinking as far as Mermaids go . . top half beach babe bottom half fishy fish LOL.

Cajun :crocodile:

2 Likes

And here I thought “trout pout” was just an excess of lip fillers… :rofl:

1 Like

Funny and very well sculpted and painted.

Does remind of the Red Dwarf episode Better Than Life.

6 Likes

I enjoy this channel enourmouy. Adam is very creative and imaginative :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hmmm…DiSantis is not amused! :rage:
:smiley: :canada:

Who is DeSantis? Is that the character played by Goofy in the cartoon movie
Mickey and the Guv’nor?

2 Likes

@Uncle-Heavy, DeSantis is the governor of Florida. He’s staunchely against Disney. I don’t feel that I need to share my opinion about Disney here, it’s irrelevant to model making.

1 Like

Being a Floridian speaks for itself though…

Sculpting an alternative Ariel can be a fun and creative project. Here are some tips to help you get started:

1. Gather your materials: You’ll need sculpting materials such as clay or polymer clay, sculpting tools, and a reference image diet before hair transplant of the alternative Ariel you want to create.
  2. Begin with a wire armature: Start by creating a wire armature to give your sculpture a stable structure. Use thin wire to create the basic shape of the body and limbs, and attach them together using thicker wire.
  3. Build up the body: Once you have the wire armature in place, begin adding clay to create the basic shape of the body. Use a medium such as clay or polymer clay to sculpt the body. Start with the larger features such as the torso, hips, and limbs and work your way down to the smaller details such as the hands and feet.
  4. Add details: Once you have the basic shape of the body, add details such as the facial features, hair, and clothing. Use sculpting tools such as a carving tool or a ball stylus to create texture and fine details.
  5. Smooth out the surface: Once you have added all the details, smooth out the surface of the sculpture using a tool such as a silicone brush or a soft cloth. This will help to remove any fingerprints or tool marks.
  6. Bake or dry: If you are using polymer clay, you’ll need to bake your sculpture in an oven according to the instructions on the packaging. If you’re using traditional clay, let it dry and harden over time.
  7. Paint or finish: Once your sculpture is baked or dried, you can paint it with acrylic paint or finish it with a sealant to protect the surface and give it a polished look.

Remember that sculpting takes time and practice, so don’t be discouraged if your first attempt isn’t perfect. Keep practicing and experimenting with different techniques until you create the alternative Ariel you envision.

They made Pinnochio.

Probably the creepiest animated film ever. (OK, there are a number of contenders, but Pinnochio fits the context here.)

1 Like

The story about Pinocchio is approximately 30 years older than Walter
:wink:

The Adventures of Pinocchio (/pɪˈnoʊkioʊ/ pin-OH-kee-oh; Italian: Le avventure di Pinocchio. Storia di un burattino [le avvenˈtuːre di piˈnɔkkjo ˈstɔːrja di um buratˈtiːno, - dj um -], i.e. “The Adventures of Pinocchio. Story of a Puppet”), commonly shortened to Pinocchio, is a children’s fantasy novel by Italian author Carlo Collodi. It is about the mischievous adventures of an animated marionette named Pinocchio and his father, a poor woodcarver named Geppetto.

It was originally published in a serial form as The Story of a Puppet (Italian: La storia di un burattino) in the Giornale per i bambini, one of the earliest Italian weekly magazines for children, starting from 7 July 1881. The story stopped after nearly 4 months and 8 episodes at Chapter 15, but by popular demand from readers, the episodes were resumed on 16 February 1882.[1] In February 1883, the story was published in a single book. Since then, the spread of Pinocchio on the main markets for children’s books of the time has been continuous and uninterrupted, and it was met with enthusiastic reviews worldwide.[1]"

" Walter Elias Disney (/ˈdɪzni/;[2] December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American animator, film producer and entrepreneur. A pioneer of the American animation industry, he introduced several developments in the production of cartoons. As a film producer, he holds the record for most Academy Awards earned and nominations by an individual, having won 22 Oscars from 59 nominations. He was presented with two Golden Globe Special Achievement Awards and an Emmy Award, among other honors. Several of his films are included in the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress and have also been named as some of the greatest films ever by the American Film Institute. Disney was the first person to be nominated for Academy Awards in six different categories."

Maybe Walters mother read him the tale about Pinocchio when Walter was a little boy :smile:
I had the Disney book when I was small and it did have some scary parts.
I wonder if someone will eventually make a horror movie based on this story …

Have you seen Guillermo Del Toro’s take on Pinnochio? Perhaps not a horror version, but certianly intense. (For what it’s worth, Disney’s animated Pinnochio is visually stunning.)

It’s curious how many creepy children’s stories there are. Hans Christian Anderson’s Little Mermaid is really, really, really dark. No happy ending anywhere in sight (if I remember correctly).

1 Like

H.C. Andersen also wrote the story about a little girl freezing to death trying to sell matches:

He had some self righteous religious hangup.
My interpretation of that story is that self righteous religious people can let a child
freeze to death and only take pity on the corpse. I hope he wrote it as satire but I fear he didn’t.
Another of his horror stories:

Most fairy tales for kids back in the bad old days were designed to scare kids
to make them obey. Instead of positive tales about the rewards for good kids
(positive role models or “carrot”) the authors focused on scaring the kids (“stick”)

@Evan , Agreed that a lot of the stories are dark. Snow White’s Prince is essentially the Prince of Death come to take her away.

I never considered that. But now that you point it out… Maybe the Prince helped inspire Stoker to write Dracula. :joy: Or better yet: the prince and the queen were in cahoots!

Yes, I know, (before I get pounced on for historical inaccuracies) Stoker lived before movies were a thing. But he may have read the Grimm’s Bros story. So there.

1 Like

So much for keeping politics limited to the off topic shenanigans location.