Search & Rescue (1/35 converting)

For the environment of my SF Vehicle
using the trumpeter PMC in Iraq box and spare parts from the bit box

The idea

Cleaning up and get the right proportions/dynamic
I will sculpt the hands to the stretcher, think it will make the assembly a lot easier afterword’s

next more cutting of on the base figures

5 Likes

Cutting, breaking, fixing temporary

next building up

6 Likes

building up, it’s looking still messy I know
using Apoxysculpt and green stuff, so the figures will turn from grey to green during the progress.
using the two together results in getting the right consistence to work with, it stay just that little bit longer soft and get the right hard surface I need to work with afterword’s.
Green Stuff is very sticky and elastic , but never getting real hard.
Appoxy sculpt isn’t sticky and becomes very soon hard and corny to work with.
You can mix them like you wont, I preverb 60% Apoxy and 40 % green stuff getting the light green colour. But just experiment with it, you can do amazing things with it.

4 Likes

Did some minor things, building op some volume details on the boots of the wounded man.

7 Likes

nice work @Jan_Degryse

1 Like

progress in small steps, still working on these group.
scratch build, 1/35

3 Likes

impressive sculpting and reshaping Jan.

1 Like

Still working on the setting and the details.

3 Likes

And another fantastic example of your skills… looking really great!!

That is incredible . Is there a base or backdrop planned for these to put it in context

There is, normal the fire and logistic vehicle is send forward to evacuate some members of Belgian SF team
https://forums.kitmaker.net/t/logistic-fire-support-vehicle-belgian-sf/7308

1 Like

Working in small steps on the details

5 Likes

Hi Jan, looking great but if you don’t mind I have 2 questions/remarks: is the left arm of the guy left rear a bit to long (the part from elbow to wrist) ? And if running, do those hats stay on this way, no flapping of the hat brim? (That’s the problem I have while cycling with a hat to protect me from the sun)

Questions and remarks are always welcome, comparing the arm to my dummy’s it’s anatomic correct. Maybe the photo isn’t that good reference, but wenn painted and the optical error remains I will no doubt to cut it shorter. For the hats, probably you have a point. Other wise I have to start some ware, the latest hat (Rear Right) is coming as closest to the reality I think. Still a way to go :sweat_smile:

7ed7c383094c5e3263d639793087d174

Hi Jan, what about some Aussie Bush hats, very close/ similar cut to the Belgian style?

Cheers mate, Jason

Nice reference and a good alternative, thanks.

1 Like