Sherman Calliope Upgrade from Heavy Hobby | Armorama™

Heavy Hobby released a 3D printed/metal Calliope upgrade for M4 Sherman tanks.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/sherman-calliope-upgrade-from-heavy-hobby
4 Likes

Whoop, there it is!!! Now for the price (comes with automatic external defibrilator, I hope?)

2 Likes

I need one of these depending on what it costs.

1 Like

I found it on pre-order with HobbyEasy for HKD 212,44.
This comes down to 25,50 Euro or $27,24. That is a fair price, I think. Didn’t check for P&P costs…

2 Likes

I actually did set a pre order, as total costs come down to little under €32,-!!!
Now for a suitable Sherman (I only have the Firefly)

2 Likes

What’s not included here that was shown in the original FB postings is the rockets. I assume these will be offered separately and given they were shown as turned metal and PE, I expect these will cost as much as the launcher itself. So if you want a loaded Calliope, expect to outlay another $25 or more!

1 Like

You’ve got a point there… I didn’t notice that!!! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I indeed found a reference on ScaleMates of a separate rocket set…

1 Like

A pittance for such a superb piece of model engineering. Pre-ordering one now. I’ll buy the rockets, too. I’ve wanted a good one of these since I built Monogram’s “Screamin’ Mimi”.

1 Like

The rockets are not on the HobbyEasy site yet… Dunno when they will be…

1 Like

So great to see this, at the price is it’s a good purchase. I will buy one but will wait for review to come out on PMMS. As for the rockets, they will be a must have. The best Calliope kit ever made was the resin one by Verlinden. I am still surprised no one has done one in resin. Now if this company can do the British Version (square box launch system) we will be all set.

1 Like

HobbyEasy | M8 4.5 inch rocket Missile are cheap as chips, for what comes in the box. So many Shermans to choose from…

1 Like

Nice, they must have put them up just yesterday or today, as I couldn’t find them…
Put them on pre order too at €20.

1 Like

One issue with the rockets. In the built up pictures, the PE end with folded fins looks larger in diameter then the rocket body itself. Of course, if this is the case, it won’t fit in the tube. Hopefully this is just a building error and the round PE end is the same diameter as the body. Then you can just cut the fins off to show them in the tube.

The other issue is the white text. I’m still searching but mostly everything I’ve found so far shows yellow text on M8 rockets, although a few photos could show some of the text being white (M16 rockets do appear to have some white text).

1 Like

I will certainly report back once they are in… But I’ll keep your remarks in the back of my mind…

1 Like

Added a set of rockets to my HobbyEasy order yesterday for $13.14 USD. I’m a happy camper.

Same here. I contacted the owner and he will send both packages at the same time. Saves p&p.

2 Likes

Ordered me a carrier for the rocket launcher today:

2 Likes