Sherman M4A3

Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well. I just “finished” my new Sherman I tried some new stuff, most didnt work as I wanted to but as always it was such a blast from start to end.
Have a great day😊

20 Likes

Nice work. Did a great job with it, a real well worn look. :+1:

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

That is the important part. I think the Sherman looks great. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the recommendation. :blush:

all I can say is “real good!” As in really nice build. What kit did you start with?
gary

I remember how controversial it was some 25 years ago to weather a tank like this…I always thought it made the vehicles look so realistic and used…I was a little kid back in the mid 1970s when I saw this image in a sherman tank book and I never forgot how dirty and worn the vehicle looked…your tank reminds me of that old image :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fantastic! Love a worn old looking tank, and yours is just fantastic!!

1 Like

Thank you for liking it. The kit is "Tamiya Motorize“:+1:

Thank you for the recommendation :smile:

Thank you so much for your empathy I’ve seen several pictures of Sherman, and I think this is the best weathered picture I think it’s similar to the weather I worked on. Thank you very much🙂

most folks don’t realize the beating a tank gets in a 12 month time period in combat.
gary

2 Likes

Very nice weathering, appealing to look at. I’m working on almost exactly the same kit at the moment, the one with the duckbill tracks, a real blast from the past!

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you. I want to see your finished work, too

1 Like

Well done. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much :pray:

Terrific work. A great, largely unsung, unit in WWII, the 6th Armored Division.

I think the only thing I would have done different is making the crew’s packs a little more green, but still keeping that weathering you have applied in the model. Back in the day I, as an Infantryman carried a pack like that, and I recall it fading, from the issue color of Olive Drab very quickly, and boy did they get dirty fast.

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice. If it’s a crew pack, do you mean the crew entrance?

For 12 months? Fight in a tank?

Michael,
Great work! You in S. Korea btw?