Sherman M4A3E8

More current WIP I’m giving a go at from Tamiya.
Basic hair spray chipping and details painted. More to follow soon.

2 Likes

Looks like a good start. What markings are those, 816297? Doesn’t appear to be traditional USA markings.

Some random numbers I found laying around so I figured why not

1 Like

:+1:t2:
C.

Other than the random numbers, it looks great! Does the kit come with any PE? I’m looking at grabbing this kit for my 4th sherman

The basic Tamiya kit doesnt include it but Eduard has a nice set set that I bought during Squadrons or Sprue Brothers Eduard sale last Xmas (cant remember who exactly but one of those two outfits) that ended up costing me around $15.00 and well worth it. If you are US based I’d say take a look at Hobby Lobby, my local one always sells this kit and currently ours up here has 40% off all boxed kits, use the savings for the PE kit and you are golden.

I hunt at Hobby Lobby every so often. I was at my local one when they had a 40% off sale, i scooped up a B-17 and B-25 for some reason lol

Right now they don’t have my armor kits worth buying. They’ve kept an M41 in stock for several weeks now but no M4’s.

I have a Tamiya M4A3 75 and a Meng A3 76 W in the stash and an Asuka E8 on the way. The Tamiya E8 would largely be to recreate one of those sandbag or concrete behemoths

The Meng kit is fantastic except for its overly complex tracks.

Definitely no photo-etch , I had to drill and make actual grab handles. Other than that it’s all out of the box minus the weird numbers I added, but I took artistic license on that one.

1 Like

I just bought two of those Revell 1/48 B-17G for ceiling hangers. They had them priced at $14.99 (mismarked by a seasonal employee I’m thinking) plus the 40% off, so for $10.00 I’d have been crazy for not buying it even though its 40 plus year old Monogram rebox and not my normal building interest. But like I said they are for fun and hanging up, not going to go crazy even though its my favorite WW2 bomber (college senior thesis was on the 1st Regensburg/Schweinfurt mission). Keep an eye for the M4A3E8, its a regular stock item for their oh so limited armor selection. BTW, if you need brushes or oils for filters all the Mastertouch line is 50%, I find the oils work well and at an economical cost and the brushes get the job done just fine. My LHS do fine for my regular paints but att hose prices and their selection I do throw a few dollars that way.

1 Like

Those are the oils and brushes I use as well ! And the 40% coupon is always a plus .

1 Like

Little update. Added some weathering and stowage last night. Headlight lens need to be added as well. Any suggestions on what I should improve on or add next ?

2 Likes

Looks great to me!

1 Like