Shir 1 / khalid

thank you Jordans!
after 20 years i can complete my khalid
“jordan unveils underwater museum of military vehicles”
24 July 2019

hi.hi.hi…

2 Likes

Congrats. I can’t wait to see the 1/35 fish. That will be awesome. :wink: :grin:

new trasmission was installed

1 Like

Chieftain’s top is cutted

I remember this in the news when it first got reported. It would make a great large dio if someone had the space as there are a fair few wagons down on the sea bed, couple of Chieftains, a CVRT Sultan or Samaritan, a Spartan and I think a Scorpion & ferret as well as a Duster and Cobra gunship and some other bits.

correct
now I have info to assembly the tank

Paolo

connection isn’t easy

1 Like

Connection area is defined

2 Likes

trasmission’s fitting

2 Likes

I search in internet a resin conversion for the rear of chieftain turret without success so I modify it myself

3 Likes

I have some dimensions for the No.6 NBC pack if they would help.

all supports are welcome!
I’ve some sketch without dimension, if you help me i agree a lot!

Went down the same route myself with the Mk 6 NBC pack, though in 1/16th. There is a 3D print version, but waiting a month for it to arrive - made it myself. Mine is a bit smaller than the print version, but correct to the plans I had blown up. Yep, need to work on the hinges.
Since covered the top in non-slip.
Does anyone know what the half tube things either side of the pack are?
Was told they had something to do with the wading kit, but seems unlikely?

Mal

Mal, if memory serves me correctly, they are lifting lugs/guides. You may need to check some other ref images as I’m sure the shape you have done yours in is a little to tube like …

Pictures from online and used for ref only.

Hope these help… John

Hi Johnnie
You’re right, they started out as tubes

Looks like I need to cut off the sides & glue on ‘ears’

As lifting eyes, they’d be 5th & 6th - there are already a set either side of turret behind the cupola & loaders hatch. Would the welds hold?

Mal

1 Like

Mal, to be honest I can’t remember the set up of how the turret lift is done. I only ever saw it done twice and it wasn’t my wagon and it was a long long time ago… If I remember correctly they are more like cable guides than lifting points as the cables just sit between the “ears” … I will try and do a bit more digging around on them :+1:

Those assemblies either side of the pack are indeed cable guides. When the turret is traversed to rear and the vehicle lifted by a single point hoist with cables down to the four hull shackles (on glacis and rear plate), they keep the glacis ones in line.

If you are modelling them, that might help with the configuration as they obviously need to line up with the glacis lifting points.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming that part Robert. I hadn’t ever seen a complete veh lift … Only turret lifts with jibs…:+1:

Hi Robert & Johnny
I’ve checked my books - in the Haynes manual - Pg 139 - there is a photo of Chieftain undergoing a lift to find the CoG, unfortunately the turret is facing forward, so doesn’t show that aspect. The guides & fwd hull lifting eyes do align though, so question settled. There’s a turret lift on page 140 too.
Thanks

Mal

1 Like

new suspensions’ fitting is quite complicate

1 Like