Showcase models - HMS Vendetta 1918 (1/350)

The kit is pretty much built at this point. Only thing left to attach are the ships boats, the last 2 paravanes and the rigging.

Rigging is going to be representative. Its hard to find clear pictures of her from WW1 so I have been looking at other era appropriate RN DD’s to see how they were rigged.

Once that’s done I will attach the name plate to the stand and the hull number to the ship :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ll hold on with my gratulations on commissioning for now then…but that’s certainly a fine build! Great work, she looks splendid!

Cheers
Jan

Rigging is on. Getting so close now! Hopefully will have her done by the weekend.

7 Likes

Looking good Rory! A fast build is a good build :muscle::blush:

Hahahahaha to “Fast”. I started this 33 months ago. Not up to my usual speedy standards for sure. Still, I have build 3 major capital ships since then so I can maaaaaybe be excused my tardiness :smiley:

And I haven’t forgotten about HMS Dragon. She is slated to come down off the Shelf of shame and get completed this year. As will USS Arizona. I have committed (to myself) to not start any new kits until my shelves are clear of incompletes!

2 Likes

However long it took, Vendetta is looking spot on! Fine job on the rigging! So commissioning is very close indeed now!

Cheers
Jan

Rory, I can relate! My own glacial build pace often troubles me, so it is nice to see someone else doing the same thing. My cycle is usually to start a project with the greatest enthusiasm, make good progress, then eventually lose interest and start the cycle again with a new project. I occasionally finish one… but then do the same thing again more often than I’d care to admit! The record holder on my shelf of shame (that I really do intend to finish!) began in 1993…

Anyway, don’t worry about how long its taking; you’ve done a solid job on this bad boy so far! :grin:

2 Likes

Commissioning day is finally here. Made the last few additions last night and she now takes her place in the display case (which needs to be dusted apparently) :slight_smile:

Comparison shot with HMS Zulu. Quite the size difference!

All in all, not a bad build. PE was super flimsy but usable, instructions were vague in areas and the plastic was often undefined and super soft but overall I enjoyed this build of an interesting design of ships. Especially when I remember that one of the first Douglas Reeman novels I ever read was “The Destroyers” which featured a V & W destroyer. Plus she is my first completed kit of 2024.

Onto the next project :smiley:

6 Likes

Congratulations to your commissioning of the HMS Vendetta - what a fine little ship and model! And you have overcome all those troubles you pointed out about the kit and the PE - you certainly can be proud of that fine ship!

• and…first finished ship in 2024…that might be some kind of a record, on 12 January…

Cheers
Jan

Rory,

Great job on this little ship, the “flimsy” etch looks just right. Congratulations on another fine effort. :hugs:

33 months but 3 major capital ships since then… 33 divided by 4 = around 8 months each… Pretty quick by all standards I wager :blush:

Either way mate, what a cracking good job you’ve done and worthy of displaying proudly!

Looking forward to see what you bring us next…

PS, fwiw, I have committed to not buying anymore kits until I’m ready to start them… Which means clearing the stash first :pleading_face: should be easy, right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like