SMS Seydlitz limps home from Skagerak/ Jutland 'Inspirations' by Chris Meddings | Model Shipwrights

Adie Roberts continues his inspirations to help inspire modellers of all abilities to work out of their comfort zone building dioramas or just trying new builds.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://modelshipwrights.com/news/sms-seydlitz-limps-home-from-skagerak-jutland-inspirations-by-chris-meddings
3 Likes

Looks fantastic!
Well done!

Super looking model and well painted and weathered!
Cheers,

nicely done

I think it’s splendid. The portrayal of the damage emphasizes just how battered Seydlitz was. I especially like the lifelines shown struck down on the main deck, first time I’ve seen that attempted, certainly squares with illustrations of the battle. I might question the aft funnel showing no trace of red paint. With a foundering ship ship beneath them, i suspect the grey over-paint might have been hasty at best but I have no hard evidence of that. Everyone of these pictures is a treasure i will save. I wonder if Mr. Meddings may have a construction blog somewhere?