Some where in the Desert Panzer 3 Afrika Korps 'Inspirations' by Patrick Leenders | Armorama™

Adie Roberts continues his inspirations to help inspire modellers of all abilities to work out of their comfort zone building dioramas or just trying new builds.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/some-where-in-the-desert-panzer-3-afrika-korps-inspirations-by-patrick-leenders
1 Like

Dio looks very good overall.

Several suggestions for better autheticity:

1. add tie down straps for the water and gas cans …otherwise, they appear to be “floating”.
    And…
  2. If I’m not mistaken the hatches’ interior color should be the same “base” color as the (original) color of the tank itself, which in this case would be gray. (Most DAK vehicles were shipped in their original German gray and were then over-painted in dark yellow when they arrived in theater … often with an inferior paint which rubbed off pretty quickly in the harsh desert environment.)

You are wasting your breath. The builder didn’t post this and most likely will not see it. The “Inspirations” posts are just a “show what I found” post.

True enough …Addie’s “inspirations” are pretty much “show” and no “tell”.

However, as I am sure that you are aware, there are a number of less-experienced modelers who look at these “inspirations” and think that they are truly authentic representations of the past. A comment, even if it is an obvious one to many, may provide some value so, I thought it worthwhile to do so.

Speaking only for myself, I have learned a tremendous amount of useful info from regular and occasional contributors’ comments on Addie’s postings …as well others. Only been modeling since the mid-1950’s but still learning.

3 Likes

I agree with the last part of your post. I wish the main articles were “everyday” modelers.

Good evening. I am not a professional modeller. When somebody uses my diorama to show to other people, I am proud that he thinks they are good enough and an inspiration for other people. I am a modeller for about 30 years and doing it only for fun. I appreciate your comments, I am a modeller who is not seeking for 100% correct historical perfection, each modellers choice in my opinion.

Best regards from Belgium