Somewhere in Vietnam diorama by Evgeny Kapuka | Armorama™

Adie Roberts continues his inspirations to help inspire modellers of all abilities to work out of their comfort zone building dioramas or just trying new builds.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/somewhere-in-vietnam-diorama-by-evgeny-kapuka
1 Like

This reminds me why I fell in love with model building. Brings back old feelings… Amazing diorama.

3 Likes

THAT IS PRETTY AMAZING!!! :smiley:
Unfortunately, the title doesn’t do it any justice. Should be titled ‘Cluster F##k!’. But then again, this is a family show. :innocent:

—mike

1 Like

That’s a splendid dio you’ve put together Evgeny! The honeycomb core of the main rotor blade was the first thing that caught my attention, I don’t recall seeing an M88 used in a Nam dio and it’s nice to see one in use. I see many tireless hours just in the ground cover and vegitation alone, being a Nam nut myself I can appreciate your clever effort to incorporate the PT76 into the scene, I don’t know that I get the VC on the dugout in such an open and close proximity but I understand the limited space factor of any diorama build. All in all nice job, that Roden M37B is a sweet little truck albeit a bit figidty on the assembly. Would love to see more of your work that steers away from the typical Hollywood Nam cliche’.

Cajun :crocodile:

1 Like

A lot of nice work, and the builder did his homework on vehicles, uniforms, weapons, etc… even got the color of the dirt right. Like the writer before me, I do question the proximity of the VC/NVA troops to a recovery operation. I participated in several missions to retrieve downed choppers or disabled/mired vehicles in Vietnam, and the first order of business was to establish perimeter security. We all wouldn’t be milling around on the road without eyes in the bush surrounding the site. Even the women in the sampan would not be allowed to approach. Again, I want to be clear, the model, figure and scenery work in this diorama are excellent, I just question the inclusion of the NVA.

1 Like

Hi
Thank you for your comments on Evgeny’s Vietnam diorama I will be posting in the very near future some more of Evgeny’s work his latest, but I won’t say too much now I will also pass on all your comments to Evgeny I know he appreciates peop0les comments
Thanks again Cajun for taking time to write your comments
Adie In War and Peace

Hi
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments and I will make sure Evgeny gets to see your comments I know he really appreciates them I will be posting Evengy’s latest work real soon
Thank you again
Adie In War and Peace

Excellent work! Being an aviator, I also noticed the honeycomb in the blade. Nice touch indeed!