Soviet T 28

Hi everyone, this time I’m going to do this Russian tank. I still have to decide how many toy soldiers I will put. Some photos of the pieces.
Marino

9 Likes

Hello everyone, I started gluing the two half-hulls, and then with the wheels.
Marino

7 Likes

Looking good so far!

Will you spray or brush paint?

Your 1:35 T-28 has almost the same number of parts than my 1:72 T-28 waiting to built :sweat_smile:

Toms, we hope it continues like this…
Dino, all by spraying.
Armournovice, hahaha … I know, I made one myself recently in 1/72 scale, here are a couple of photos.
002_722

004_383

Thank you guys.

Meanwhile, I glued other pieces

2 Likes

Looks a lot better than the ICM kit I built 20 years ago

2 Likes

In fact, it left me pleasantly surprised too …
Thanks.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Also finished the right side.

2 Likes

I have this kit in the stash so I will be watching you do your thing. So far it looks like a nice kit to put together. I like these multiheaded headed things on tracks so I’m happy seeing this go together.

~ Eddy :tophat:

I liked the ICM kit.

2 Likes

Hi Eddy, yes, there is no shortage of wheels on this pachyderm …
Thanks
Hi Toms. my favorite brands are Tamiya, Miniart, ICM, Mb, and Hobby Boss, speaking of plastic models.
Thanks.

Meanwhile, an update.
Marino

3 Likes

Knowing next to nothing about this thing, I wonder if it really had a RAISED Soviet star on the big turret’s roof? On the small model, that seems to be missing, so what was HB’s idea behind it?

No no, even the small model had a raised star … I don’t know why. :thinking:

Marino

Alangers T-28 kit also has the raised star

1 Like

Any prototype photos showing this detail? Or did all kit makers just copy the same reference?

The star is stamped into the roof of every T-28 and T-35 “square” turret. Check out this thread on Track-Link: TRACK-LINK / Forums / Research / WW2 / T-28 & T-35 Tanks - Star CAST on roof of main turret?

1 Like

Wow - you learn something new every day!

1 Like

Thanks for the Track-Link link! Excellent images, duly saved for future reference.
Need to smooth the edges of those stars,
on all the T-28’s and T-35’s in the stash …

1 Like

Excellent information and a nice link to some good pics too. Just goes to show a modelers job is never done!

~ Eddy :tophat:

1 Like

Thanks for the information, very useful, let’s see if I can smooth the edges of the star a bit, otherwise this will remain like this …

Marino

1 Like