Spare Time Shop is Closing

All good things come to an end. We got the info confirmed over the weekend. Paul and Theresa Scopetski are finally going to call it a day and enjoy their retirement after 50 years in business. At this point everything in the store is on sale at 30 - 60% off.

2 Likes

The shop is about a two hour drive for me. I’ve been making a pilgrimage up there every couple of months for decades. What a fantastic shop. I will miss it, but everybody gets to retire sometime.

3 Likes

Yes, unfortunately all good things must come to an end. Spare Time Shop has been around a long time, but it’s too bad Paul couldn’t find a buyer. C’est la vie.

I’m about 4 hours away from Marlborough, MA, in Syracuse, NY, and I tried to make the pilgrimage once a year or every other year. I’m heading to Rhode Island for Thanksgiving, so I should be able to visit one last time.

Jim

1 Like

Spent many a dollar there since the early 90’s. While not a huge fan of paul I respect what he did for the hobby and wish him a very enjoyable retirement.

1 Like

Wow…only word I have. No I have more. Many of you shopped there…I had the good or maybe bad fortune of working there nah, Paul and Theresa are good people. I bugged Paul until he gave up and hired me, I think in 1981. Paul was a fantastic about the boxes being neat and in numerical order by brand. “Straight the store….” Burned in my memory. My last day before I went in the Navy in 1983….I darn well straightened the store…and turned every box upside down in numerical order. Paul was pissed. My buddy Jay had to fix it the next day. Paul counted the time, doubled it and took it out of my last paycheck……worth every freakin penny it cost me. I hope everyone has atleast one good memory like that…

1 Like