Special Edition Space 1999 22" Eagle Transporter model kit

Thought some of you sci-fi guys would be interested in this. It’s not my project, but I’ve met with the folks behind the film and this limited edition kit Round2 will be releasing next year. Links for the pre order and info for “The Eagle Obsession” film in the link below.

Eagle Preorder

The BattleScale Collectica Show

4 Likes

to big and expensive for my taste but I’m sure there will be people buying it.

1 Like

Funny I was thinking it wasn’t big enough :grin:

2 Likes

A Space 1999 film is coming? Did they change the year to 2099?

1 Like

I always wondered why they did the year 1999…and not 2099…at the time 1999 was only 25 years in the future…no way our technology would leap so fast.

its a documentary about the Eagle One spacecraft.

I was here at this panel after interviewing Nick Tate. Really nice of FutureDude to thank me in the video credit!
The Eagle Obsession Wonderfest 24 Panel
Catch my segment with Nick@ Wonderfest: https://rumble.com/v533s5w-the-battlescale-collectica-show-4-featuring-fon-davis-round-2-and-more.html…

Hey, Jack.

In your interview with Nick Tate, there is a really large Eagle in the background. Do you know anything about that model? The model on the lower right looks like a 22 inch Eagle so it must be something much larger.

Also, I really need to get one of those Maria models.

1 Like

Hi Doug,
that large Eagle was a completely scratch built resin cast with wood internal supports. It is studio scale in size (I think, it may be bigger than that even). I’ll be doing a segment on a large Eagle One project I’m prepping later in the fall as well.
Thanks for watching!

2 Likes

You have to take into account the rate of progress over the previous quarter-century and where things might have been had that momentum been maintained.
Sci-Fi of that era, while often basing it’s technology round plot requirements, could on occasion be remarkably predictive:
JeffHawke_moonlanding_prediction_LARGE1
The “Jeff Hawke” prediction for the first manned Lunar landing (a fortnight later than reality), published in 1959, three years before Kennedy’s “We choose to go to the Moon” speech…

Cheers,

M

2 Likes

Definitely…in 60 years we went from the Wright brothers first flight at Kitty Hawk, to landing on the moon…but still…in 25 years having a base on the moon and Eagle type flight craft? I wonder if Major Tom ever made it back?

2 Likes

“2001” came out the year before the first Lunar landing and had a lot of real-world experts giving input as to what would be “do-able” forty years later. Ten years afterwards “Space:1999” actually dials back a bit on that. As a purely exo-atmospheric (short range) utility craft (without the additional capabilities added for later scripts) the Eagle was probably close to what engineers would have come up with for the job, even with only a couple of decades of increased efficiency and miniaturisation; the only slightly unusual aspect is the control cabin which seems to be “universal” component shared with other designs (specifically, it is compatible with the “Ultra Probe” in “Dragon’s Domain”).

Cheers,

M