Spetsnaz GRU in Afghanistan with UAZ-469 1/35

Hi,

I had an idea for a small diorama with this GRU officer from Evolution miniatures, which I painted a time ago in the old forum, and when the Zvezda UAZ was announced, I decided to combine it with the figure. Maybe I will add one or two other figures if I find suitable ones.

The UAZ itself has many small parts, some are very fragile, so attention is needed. Cleanup is minimal, fit is good for now, detailed engine and chassis is included. I didn’t glue everything, just to show the fit.

The sunglasses will not be in the final diorama, those are for cool effect :sunglasses:

14 Likes

The UAZ looks cool and that figure is excellent!

4 Likes

Thanks! The painting is somewhere in the old forum, if it is still available :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is a great looking figure. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

It is.

2 Likes

I like him with the shades …
Nice work !!!

2 Likes

Maybe I will leave him with them in the end :grin:

4 Likes

Nice !

An idea for additionnal figures: John Rambo and Colonnel Trautman ! :grinning:

3 Likes

Following!

Cheers,
Angel

2 Likes

Preparing the engine for painting, it is very detailed:

6 Likes

First time I’ve seen the new Zvezda kit in plastic. Looks great from what you’ve shown so far. Really like your painted figure- plenty of character in it and your painting skills are fantastic- the colors and tones are rendered beautifully.

2 Likes

Very nicely done figure. The vehicle looks like it is coming along very well.

2 Likes

By the way I designed a bottle holder (anti-spill) for Gunze/Mr.Hobby glue bottles (original design is for Tamiya), which you can download for free and print. Those are very handy :wink:

https://www.printables.com/model/628493-mrhobbygunze-sangyo-glue-bottle-holder

Cheers!

3 Likes

Basic paint on the engine. I realized that I don’t have aluminium paint in the stash, so I used Vallejo Metal color silver-maybe slightly bright, but heavy weathering will be applied next.

4 Likes

Preparing the chassis and engine for weathering, pay attention to those steps in the instruction-to not flip the transmission. Also base primer of Mr. Surfacer 1500 mahogany on the body:

4 Likes

Be careful also with the rear door area, I had to make minor surgery to fit it, because forgot to glue it with the other parts.

3 Likes

Applying some Tamiya XF-57 Buff before the green color. I decided for open top body, becuase the back will be filled with accessories like weapons (I made AK’s, RPD, RPG-7, munitions and more :slight_smile: ), nothing is completely glued yet:

Cheers!

8 Likes

Base color of green, I mixed Mr.Color 4BO with AK RC Olive drab, maybe 2:1, to give some mustard hue to the green (something like khaki green). I don’t have the “correct” green, but I think is looking good.
I will add patches of sand color for two tone camo :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is looking VERY good, I like your colors.

3 Likes

Weathering of the chassis with various effects and painting the two tone camo with Tamiya Buff (although the colors look different on the camera):

7 Likes