Stalingrad 'Inspirations' by Luis Mendoza Casares | Armorama™

Adie Roberts continues his inspirations to help inspire modellers of all abilities to work out of their comfort zone building dioramas or just trying new builds.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/stalingrad-inspirations-by-luis-mendoza-casares
2 Likes

What scale it that? The wrinkles in the uniforms really takes it to a higher level.

I think the effect would have been improved by adding some patches of snow and a few icicles to the scene. Also the Waffen SS recruiting poster on the wall hardly seems appropriate for Stalingrad! Probably should have put a Russian poster there instead. Other than those two things I think the overall atmosphere of the piece is pretty good.
Regards,Bob

Nice diorama. I think that you very well conveyed the atmosphere of the courageous German soldiers repelling the attack of the occupiers from the Red Army, trying to capture Stalingrad.

Unless I am mistaken, these are 1/16 Jeff Shiu figures; I have a few of them, and the ones seen here are put to good use.

2 Likes

Awesome scene- the faces and the figure poses really add to the effect- such great expressions and dynamic poses that have been well positioned. Painting is just sublime too.