Star Wars Legion

well folks I know little to nothing about how to play Star Wars Legion but they do some nice figures and so I bought a Clone wars core set and have started to assemble some of the figures, which I don’t have a picture of but I have also painted the movement guides which are pictured below.

I coated them with black car primer paint and then drybrushed them with some humbrol enamel silver paint and then painted the speed markers with red paint.

2 Likes

Yes, Star Wars Legion seem to produce some really nice figures, very close to 1/48. Unfortunately, it seems the release of new figure sets has somewhat slowed down lately.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you do with the figures.

Mario

1 Like

I have assembled the clone ar.y that comes in the core set but I’m finding it slow going for the separatist’s droid army which requires more building as their heads are in two pieces and they have backpacks as well.
I have also found out that I am missing two of the unit cards for the droid army and I have contacted the retailer, who promised to send me replacements.
what can show you all is that I have painted the range measuring sticks, to make things more interesting to look at than grey plastic. I have painted them red, orange, yellow and white.

1 Like

I’ve managed to finish painting the Droidekars which come in the core set but I am wondering if these are out dated playing pieces as everyone seems to be running with armour in the game these days. I still have the balled versions which also came in the set and i might build those as well later on.
while I paint a shed load of clones and B1 battle droids and ponder when I’m going to find time to work on the AAT that I just bought, I shall let you see the finished Droidekars.

4 Likes

well I’ve been working on the B1 droids and although this is not my best work I have almost finished them.
The white dots on the front of the binoculars will be clear coated red in the morning. After that I will add some ground work using a product that is new to me, Vallejo textured paint.

5 Likes

Well it looks like I might actually be ready now to play the game now that everything has been glued, painted and detailed. The last on the list was the BARC speeder, which you can see below:

5 Likes

Nice! I like these Legion figures… I wanted to pick up some for my Bandai Snowspeeder diorama.

Mario

1 Like

@Maki the figures are very nice and well detailed, you will like them.

well I have decided to add to the core set and I bought an AAT, which I have started to build.

5 Likes

looking like a more recognisable vehicle from the Phantom menace.

8 Likes

Looks good David… Is it rear heavy or balanced ?

1 Like

@Johnnych01 yep it’s backside heavy but it comes with a stand and a base to make it sit up straight.

3 Likes

will I’ve started painting the AAT i have started to assemble thr Snail tank as well.

4 Likes

I think because the main projectile weapons are mounted horizontally in the lower hull it has to be that way so it can lean back to elevate them…

Cheers,

M

I managed to build a sponson and do the link and length track on the middle section which is the best fitting type of track I have come across.

3 Likes

well the persuader tank is starting to take shape as I have now attached both sponsons. there is still some building to go but I’d say I’m two thirds done.

6 Likes

I thought I’d show some progress shots of the AAT, it still needs to be weathered and detailed but it’s coming along nicely.

6 Likes

Hi
this kits are looking very nice, you did a cool job with them.
a few questiions.
which scale are the kits?
are all kits the same scale?
thanks.

@blubblubblub Thomas they are roughly 1/48 give or take but all the ships/vehicles are to scale.

thank you for your reply

1 Like